Fixed rate ISA - please help

Options
I spent hours reading all the posts and decided to go with Virgin Money Issue 11 on the afternoon it was withdrawn.
I have looked at Paragon bank but I don't know anything about them so I would value your opinions/experiences with them or other recommends.
I don't like apps, I am looking for a fixed 1 year ISA to open this tax year with a good interest rate.
Thank you

Comments

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I spent hours reading all the posts and decided to go with Virgin Money Issue 11 on the afternoon it was withdrawn.
    I have looked at Paragon bank but I don't know anything about them so I would value your opinions/experiences with them or other recommends.
    I don't like apps, I am looking for a fixed 1 year ISA to open this tax year with a good interest rate.
    Thank you

Aldermore, Paragon and Charter are all offering 1Y ISA at 5.05%.

They are all fine and regularly mentioned positively on this forum.
  • TheEmerald
    TheEmerald Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I'll better get a move on now so I don't miss the deadline or they pull the rate!
  • southone
    southone Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    kent reliance One year fixed rate cash ISA Issue 94 @ 5.04% AER

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    All UK financial institutions are highly regulated. Days of the GFC are long gone. 
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 March at 11:05AM
    Options
    Paragon are sound - I've had numerous different fixed rate and easy access accounts with them in recent years (both ISA and non-ISA) and not had any problems. 

Of the ISA providers mentioned in this thread, Paragon would be my first choice.
  • TheEmerald
    Options
    refluxer said:
    Paragon are sound - I've had numerous different fixed rate and easy access accounts with them in recent years (both ISA and non-ISA) and not had any problems. 

Of the ISA providers mentioned in this thread, Paragon would be my first choice.
    Thank you for your comment I went with Paragon but have hit a snag with my nominated account because they will only release money into a current account and I do not have time to change my nominated account.
    This means my ISA will start in the next tax year

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    refluxer said:

Thank you for your comment I went with Paragon but have hit a snag with my nominated account because they will only release money into a current account and I do not have time to change my nominated account.
    Not sure I'm fully understanding your issue, but if you're unable to fund an ISA with Paragon, you should be able to open and fund an easy access one elsewhere by the end of the week, even if the money is only in it for a few days prior to transfer out again, in order to avoid losing your 2023/24 allowance?
  • TheEmerald
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    refluxer said:

Not sure I'm fully understanding your issue, but if you're unable to fund an ISA with Paragon, you should be able to open and fund an easy access one elsewhere by the end of the week, even if the money is only in it for a few days prior to transfer out again, in order to avoid losing your 2023/24 allowance?
    Thank you for your advice. I opened up an alternative ISA as you suggested.

• nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Virgin are back with issue 12 now albeit at 5.05% ?
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback