DCA Response from BMW: Anyone else had this?

Options
Hi,

I used the template to send a request to BMW Financial Services, and received a response (within 28 days) but the reply was one I haven't see elsewhere:

We note your request for a response within 28 days, however we are currently reviewing the arrangement relevant to your agreement(s) to respond to your request. We are therefore not treating this as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) under the GDPR. For clarity, the commission arrangement would not be disclosable within a DSAR as it is not Personal Data. 

Due to high volumes of correspondence, we may not be able to respond within 28 days, however we will respond as soon as possible.

Has anyone else had this, and any views as to next steps?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, lots have reported similar responses. 

Next steps? Wait until the end of September when the FCA have said they hope to have finished their consultation. The FCA has paused everything until then anyway so sending anything before hand is just wasting everyone's time. 
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I used the template to send a request to BMW Financial Services, and received a response (within 28 days) but the reply was one I haven't see elsewhere:

We note your request for a response within 28 days, however we are currently reviewing the arrangement relevant to your agreement(s) to respond to your request. We are therefore not treating this as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) under the GDPR. For clarity, the commission arrangement would not be disclosable within a DSAR as it is not Personal Data. 

Due to high volumes of correspondence, we may not be able to respond within 28 days, however we will respond as soon as possible.

Has anyone else had this, and any views as to next steps?

Many thanks in advance!

The template MSE use, for whatever reason asks for a DSAR (the moderator team have said they were advised to do so by the legal team) - but there is no need at all for this, you do not need the records the company has on file to raise a complaint. As such, the more switched on firms have got these stock replies saying they will register the complaint but the DSAR is clearly unnecessary so will ignore it 

Next step - put your feet up until end of September (though could be longer) and see what the FCA say - which, contrary to Martin's nonsense about billions essentially being guaranteed to be paid out, may be that there is nothing owed, or a token compensation amount or who knows what - don't go booking a cruise anyway
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback