Motor finance commission enquiry

Options
Oscar1942
Oscar1942 Posts: 5 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 13 February at 4:08PM in Reclaim car finance
I tried to use Volkswagen Financial Services own form to submit a claim but it was useless as it hung when trying to send twice. Used Martin’s proforma and got an instant acknowledgment from VWFS, well done Martin

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Used Martin’s proforma and got an instant acknowledgment from VWFS, well done Martin

Why Martin?  Resolver was founded by James Walker.   
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MyFavPurple
    Options
    This is what VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES sent me. Could they be lying and how can I be sure this is a honest statement.

“We’ve investigated and can confirm that a discretionary commission arrangement was not used on your agreement.”

has anyone else had this response and found it not to be true? 
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is what VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES sent me. Could they be lying and how can I be sure this is a honest statement.

“We’ve investigated and can confirm that a discretionary commission arrangement was not used on your agreement.”

Seriously? 

Unless you have evidence to the contrary move on. Most agreements did not have DCA.

No pay day for you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Many people will have had the response
    Nobody will have any way of knowing it wasn't true (commission does not have to be disclosed)

The FCA fined Clydesdale bank £20m for lying about PPI data, VW are highly unlikely to want to be paying yet another fine after all the rinsing they got from ambulance chasers over the diesel emissions issue 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have any evidence to support your allegation that they could be committing fraud?
    Do you know the consequences to a financial services company that knowingly does that?

most have had that response but not a sole would have found it not to be true.  What a bizarre thing to ask.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Nasqueron said:

Nobody will have any way of knowing it wasn't true (commission does not have to be disclosed)

The FCA fined Clydesdale bank £20m for lying about PPI data, VW are highly unlikely to want to be paying yet another fine after all the rinsing they got from ambulance chasers over the diesel emissions issue 
    Assuming the FCA find a systemic problem, and there is no guarantee that they will, then it's likely they will require a redress programme to be put in place which will include oversight, sampling etc. The regulators missed the whole PPI thing which is why it turned into the !!!!!! it did rather than having a redress programme 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nasqueron said:

Assuming the FCA find a systemic problem, and there is no guarantee that they will, then it's likely they will require a redress programme to be put in place which will include oversight, sampling etc. The regulators missed the whole PPI thing which is why it turned into the !!!!!! it did rather than having a redress programme 
    An era of light touch regulation that extended well beyond PPI.  
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nasqueron said:

Oh for sure, I was just saying it's incredibly unlikely VW would deliberately lie about someone not having a DCA agreement when they did, knowing the risk of fines, regardless of any redress program
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Nasqueron said:

Oh for sure, I was just saying it's incredibly unlikely VW would deliberately lie about someone not having a DCA agreement when they did, knowing the risk of fines, regardless of any redress program
    Won't be just one person though. There'll be many with similar contractual agreements that were underwritten in a similar fashion over a period of time.  Head them off at the pass so to speak. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback