Cheapest flights from Holland to UK?

Options
Help!

The prices for flights between Eindhoven/Rotterdam or Amsterdam to London or Norwich seem to have shot right up. WHY?? I flew last week but in the opposite direction and paid less then half of what I'm being quoted now, despite booking the same amount of days in advance.

I've checked all the major airlines, even some smaller ones too, but none of their prices impress me. Does anyone have any tips for a stinge like me?! I need a flight on the evening of Thursday 15th from Holland, and returning on the evening of Sunday 18th. Would prefer to fly into Norwich, but 2nd choice in Stansted.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How about including the price you have been quoted thus far?
  • System
    Options
    So far, I've found 124,38 euro {£83} Rotterdam to Stansted for your return journey dates and times.
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmmm...obviously the problems flying FROM Holland. I booked a return flight to Amsterdam (last night) on BA's website TOTAL price £66.10 considerably cheaper than Easyjet who were £101 !!!!
  • System
    Options
    I had the same situation when I lived in Holland in 1999.

I booked return tickets on the BA website from Rotterdam to Gatwick but the web site had problems processing my credit card and so I had to call the Dutch call centre to complete the booking. When I did I was told that as I was using a UK visa card I had to book through the UK. But when I called the UK sales the ticket price was not available to them - the price was about double what I was quoted for the *same* flight. Getting
    a Dutch friend to pay on their credit card wasn't possible either
    as the cardholder must be one of the travellers.

My solution was to find a friendly Dutch travel agent who had access to the BA/Dutch prices and who would accept my UK visa card.

(On an aside, I've faced similar problems in other countries when trying to buy flights with a 'foreign' visa card. Whether it's because of higher visa card charges I'm not sure.)
  • System
    Options
    I love it when the Original Poster comes back to say thank you. ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure