🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Personal Group Hospital Plan

Options
I Currently work at MFI and have just been offered the option to join a hospital plan, run by Personal Assurance PLC.

I currently have a shoulder injury from playing rugby and am in the process of being refered by my GP.
The plan states that they will take on anyone with 'current' injuries. You pay about £12 a month and are entitled to £50 for every night you stay in hospital, and for every month you are out of work you are paid £1500 tax free.

This would be ideal for myself, but I find it too good to be true.

I asked the fella for some small print to go away and read, but he said he didn't have any, I also asked if I could go away and think about it and contact the company direct, but he said it was exclusive to MFI collegues and could only be done through himself.

Could anyone please advise asap as I have until the end of next week to decide, and if it is what he says it is then I would be a fool to miss out. Many thanks. Please copy any email of any replies........ Thanks again!

Tom Wearing

tomwearing@hotmail.com

Comments

• rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I would be hesitant if they can't produce some documentation / small print. Afterall, you never know exactly what they will cover until you read this smallprint.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

You pay about £12 a month and are entitled to £50 for every night you stay in hospital

Are you sure that is good value? How many nights you spent in hospital over the last 5 years?
    I asked the fella for some small print to go away and read, but he said he didn't have any, I also asked if I could go away and think about it and contact the company direct, but he said it was exclusive to MFI collegues and could only be done through himself.

That sounds correct. After all, you don't have an insurance agency so a product provider would have no reason to deal with you at the sales stage.
    and if it is what he says it is then I would be a fool to miss out.

I dont see it. Why would you be a fool to miss out?

These types of plans are cash cows to the providers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport