Tenerife Dreams (Dreams or Nightmares?)

Options
I received a phone call yesterday from a company called "Tenerife Dreams" informing me that I've won a holiday for myself and all of my family to Tenerife to be taken between now and next April.
I'm posting this here as it is a huge money save if it comes off but I believe it to be a huge scam and would like to here from anyone else who has been contacted or has been on one of their holidays or knows anything more about this company.
When I Googled this company I found a few other posts from people wanting to know more as they'd had a similar phone call, and when I visited their website it says an awful lot about Tenerife but not a lot about them.
Instructions were to visit their website, pick a destination hotel, either the Hollywood Mirage or the Beverley Hills Club, choose the dates, book my own flights then phone them back to reserve. When I asked for written confirmation they werent keen. They did however agree to confirm by e-mail, but said it would be a blank e-mail, which I still haven't received.
I would like to find out more about this company and expose them as a warning to others not to be sucked in to the offer of a free holiday that could turn sour.
Cheers
:rotfl::rotfl: :j :j 87.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot:j :j :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comments

• davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Best avoided.

Simple as that!

• debs66_2
    debs66_2 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    i work on 2 basic premises...

1) you don't get owt for nowt

2) if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

thanks for the tip-off about the scam, but i wouldn't waste any time working out if its real or not. there's a clue in the company's name..!
    Blonde jokes are one-liners so men can remember them...;)
  • ince_mon
    ince_mon Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    I received a phone call myself from that company about a month ago.They said i had a bonus week remaining,which expires at the end of Feb 2009.Not a clue what they were on about,so i let the woman "rabbit" on for 30 mins.At the end i said to her i had no holidays left for this working year,to which she replied "you could have said that at the start of the conversation"I replied "you never asked":D :D:D
  • El_Rey
    El_Rey Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ince_mon wrote: »
    I received a phone call myself from that company about a month ago.They said i had a bonus week remaining,which expires at the end of Feb 2009.Not a clue what they were on about,so i let the woman "rabbit" on for 30 mins.At the end i said to her i had no holidays left for this working year,to which she replied "you could have said that at the start of the conversation"I replied "you never asked":D :D:D

Excellent. That's the way to deal with these con-artists.

In response to the original post, you are best steering well clear of it. Sounds very dodgy.
  • bobandsandra
    Options
    Thanks to all replies. Have spoken to others on other forums since the post and they reckon its a timeshare company so as suggested - best avoided.
    Cheers
    :rotfl::rotfl: :j :j 87.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot:j :j :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • StaceyAKelly
    StaceyAKelly Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    i put my toddler on the phone and let him sing nursery rhymes! they soon go away
  • my_old_mans_a_dustman
    Options
    Tenerife is the land of timeshare, I would avoid this call like the plague.
    :grinheart “Truly Great Madness Cannot Be Achieved Without Significant Intelligence.”:grinheart
  • sarahporter
    Options
    Uhm I had a phonecall too to say I had won a fantastic holiday in Tenerife. I havent dismissed as yet as a friend of mine did do one of these "free" holidays and she said it was fine albeit they got hassled over time share but they felt it was worth that for the free holiday. The first post here has made me wary and I wonder if anyone else has had any experience or even taken the "free" holiday??
  • PinkPrincess
    Options
    You should try asking on www.tenerifeforum.com as many of the members on there are residents so I'm sure someone will have heard of them and will tell you whether they are legitimate or best avoided! :)
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Uhm I had a phonecall too to say I had won a fantastic holiday in Tenerife. I havent dismissed as yet as a friend of mine did do one of these "free" holidays and she said it was fine albeit they got hassled over time share but they felt it was worth that for the free holiday. The first post here has made me wary and I wonder if anyone else has had any experience or even taken the "free" holiday??

Forget it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport