festival food

Hi,
ooff to t in the park next week but don't fancy paying loads for reheated dog food at the burger stands - any suggestions for food that'll taste ok after spending a day or 2 in a container in a tent - pasta or something maybe?
Thanks,
Damo

Comments

• bugs
    bugs Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forgive me if this is a dreadful idea, but what about the "rations" packs you get in big camping shops? Allegedly, some of them aren't all that bad.

Alternatively, Ambrosia Creamed rice and fruit are nice straight out of the tin.

Fruit and bread you can survive on quite well for a couple of days.

Perhaps a jar of peanut butter, or tinned/ jars of pate and pastes, and antipasto. To eat with bread or crackers.

German rye bread (the thin, dark stuff that you buy ready sliced and falls apart) keeps for months, is filling and tasty.

Dried continental sausages keep fine for a few days if you can keep them coolish and dark and away from flies - you could put them in something waterproof and put that in a container of water.

Don't know if you can cook at these places? If so, then jar of pasta sauce and dried pasta is dead easy. Or even better, the long life packs of tortellini etc you could just boil up on their own.

Not great food but as you say I'd rather pay for and eat that stuff for a couple of days than eat from stands, and I'd rather risk the bad stuff used to preserve some of these things than risk food poisoning through keeping home cooked food for days.
    It is not the greatness of a man's means that makes him independent, so much as the smallness of his wants. (William Cobbett)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure