ETOO - Timeshare owners beware

Options
Please beware anyone who answered a TV ad by Etoo (a timeshare Owners Organisation) a few weeks ago .. they advertised that they would buy your timeshare from you.
I answered it via their website, requesting a contact, and adding my timeshare details etc.
I was contacted within a few days.
They said they had a Corporate Buyer that would make me a guaranteed offer but requested I go to Malaga for a couple of days to do the deal, and they would pay for my hotel.
As I got flights with Ryanair for £25 each way, I thought, what the heck, a few days in Spain, it was worth the risk.
I was met on Wednesday by a lady (and of course, her boss) who was supposely the 'Corporate Buyer' (Club Class Corporation).. who asked me who I'd been introduced through. When I said Etoo .. her face grimaced ... Oh no, not Etoo .. tut tut .. (eye's lifted to the ceiling!!) we've had so many people being made guaranteed offers, but unfortunately they are just a company that asked us to take a few clients from them as they'd had such an overwhelming response from their TV ad, and they had no right to say that, they (Club Class Corporation) were not in the business of buying timeshares but selling holidays .. which they then tried their best to do. Telling me that no-one buys timeshares nowadays and that they only way I would ever get rid of it was to buy into their holiday club and they would take in some sort of part exchange, which apparantly 9 out of 10 people have eventually done, because they'd scared them into it no doubt, but which will have probably cost them £10-20,000+.
I made it plain that I was not in a position to buy and left.
I smelled a rat, so earlier today I went on the web and found out that Club Class Corportion and Etoo ARE ONE OF THE SAME COMPANY!! Their addresses are list as the same ... its a total con!
so if you know anyone who has been contacted by them, please let them know ... I've written to a couple of newspapers tonight hoping that I can get the story nationwide in order to warn people ... :mad:

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Lindy
    that's damn awful.

How about getting in touch with Watchdog too. It sounds like something they'd be interested in.

Not sure if this is a valid suggestion, but maybe you could get in touch with the organisation that polices TV advertisments....I think it's ofcom

good luck
  • Lindy9
    Lindy9 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pollycat, I've not only contacted Watchdog, but I've written to the Daily Mirror and Daily Express up to now, and written to the company involved telling them I want a full reimbursement of my costs... !!

And yes, I'll try Ofcom next.. am so angry that people can rip people off whilst looking you straight in the eye .. it's frightening but I'm determined to let everyone know, in this country anyhow, what this company is up to and if possible shut them down, although I suspect they will just open up another company under a different name.

These companies all seem to be based in either Malaga or Tenerife, with their headquarters in Gibraltar .. it must be an way round the law, although when they have you sign a contract, it's regulated under British Law where any non payments can be taken through our courts, but we can't reciprocate and take them to court!!

We must be the laughing stock of these people but our legislation lets this happen ... ahhhhhhh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure