Bulgaria £39???

Options
*link taken out*

just got this in an email if itook them up on it would i have to sit all day listening to them waffle about buing a place there or can i go sunbathing and shopping? lol
♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫

Comments

• norangeduck
    Options
    ooo yer looks good - but I dont know, u may have to sit for quite a while listening to them, cos its quite a cheap deal!!
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    how many nights accomodation?
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    i would expect the ENTIRE trip to be full of presentations and tours. And if you don't attend, you pay. If they were giving away potential holidays, they wouldn't sell any property.
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • Lickul_miss
    Lickul_miss Posts: 1,552 Forumite
    Options
    says at the top 2/3 nights panda...i thought this also sid has any1 tried 1 of these?
    ♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    I had this email too. I deleted it as soon as had read it. Timeshare written all over it.
    one year I was in spain and they asked me to go to one of these talks.They offered me free drinks and free food(which i didnt get) I went and they were well pi**ed off with me and very rude because I wouldnt give them my bank details. luckly I wasnt stay with them they had picked me up off the street so I told them were to go.
    P.S If you pay the 39 pounds they will allready have your bank details.
    :j
  • super_dad
    super_dad Posts: 771 Forumite
    Options
    please please please don't do this!!!

if you do go refuse to sign any sort of document... even if it's just a "please sign here to confirm you've seen this property today"... a friend of ours went on a 4 day 'viewing trip' for £99 to turkey and had every intention of buying a property if they had found something that they had wanted.

30 days or so after returning home a contract dropped on their doormat saying the first installment was being taken from their account as per the contract agreement. The cancellation fee for the contract was nearly £3k. :eek: they swore blind that they hadn't signed anything and had a real hard time proving otherwise..

Of course, these companies dress up the holiday as ... "spend a few hours looking at villas and the rest of the time is yours"... but it isnt. you are usually taken around in groups and you are picked up at 11am ish, by the time you are shown around all the properties and given the sales pitches its gone 4pm..then you are given food and a further pitch... so then youre talking 6-7pm. Then back to your 3* hotel where you are told how great the properties are once more. On the final day you're hounded and given more food/more sales pitch and asked if you'd like free financial advice/bank accounts setting up/mortgages etc...

There's no such thing as a free holiday.. if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is (god, i sound old... i'm 27 for god sake!!)
    Hating Hastings Direct!
  • philhelen
    Options
    Don't do it, if you are looking to buy property go through a reputible company. If you need any bg property advice please pm me as I have several properties there.
  • Lickul_miss
    Lickul_miss Posts: 1,552 Forumite
    Options
    super_dad wrote: »
    please please please don't do this!!!

if you do go refuse to sign any sort of document... even if it's just a "please sign here to confirm you've seen this property today"... a friend of ours went on a 4 day 'viewing trip' for £99 to turkey and had every intention of buying a property if they had found something that they had wanted.

30 days or so after returning home a contract dropped on their doormat saying the first installment was being taken from their account as per the contract agreement. The cancellation fee for the contract was nearly £3k. :eek: they swore blind that they hadn't signed anything and had a real hard time proving otherwise..

Of course, these companies dress up the holiday as ... "spend a few hours looking at villas and the rest of the time is yours"... but it isnt. you are usually taken around in groups and you are picked up at 11am ish, by the time you are shown around all the properties and given the sales pitches its gone 4pm..then you are given food and a further pitch... so then youre talking 6-7pm. Then back to your 3* hotel where you are told how great the properties are once more. On the final day you're hounded and given more food/more sales pitch and asked if you'd like free financial advice/bank accounts setting up/mortgages etc...

There's no such thing as a free holiday.. if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is (god, i sound old... i'm 27 for god sake!!)

well thats made my mind up lol thnx guys kinda had a feeling it would be this...never thought bout the having my bank details bit babe i should remove the link so people dont join up before reading this....ps i wasn't thinking ov buying just shopping heard it was cheap there lol (i wish i could afford a holiday home...u got any cheap homes to rent there phil/helen? lol)
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's just a shame that the PTB don't spend some of these fortunes they are making from the mass investments in property over there on the poor, deprived people of Bulgaria :(
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • super_dad
    Options
    well thats made my mind up lol thnx guys kinda had a feeling it would be this...never thought bout the having my bank details bit babe i should remove the link so people dont join up before reading this....ps i wasn't thinking ov buying just shopping heard it was cheap there lol (i wish i could afford a holiday home...u got any cheap homes to rent there phil/helen? lol)

hey mate... i've got a crackin tent you can borrow if you want. 1 bedroom which has its own toilet (bucket)... living area with kitchen 'zone' (portable bbq and washing up bucket ... mental note...dont get the 2 buckets mixed up). it has a roof, floor and 4 walls (one with zip facility).

If you send me your bank details you can have that for only £100 if you want. I accept western union and english pounds. no paypal.

much cheapness.
    let me know. all the best in bulgaria. :rotfl:
    Hating Hastings Direct!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills