I have made it - debt free

Options
Well my day has finally come. I have made my final payment to my CC and from this moment I am oficially debt free. :j :j :j I don't think it has sunk in yet. I am so thankful all the advice, help and ideas from the wonderful people on this board and of course Martin. Being debt free before Christmas with all the pressies bought and Christmas food budgeted for would have been unthinkable 18 months ago.
I really don't want this post to sound like I am boasting - I hope that if you are still on your debt free journey you will keep the faith and know that you will one day get there! I have read so many 'I am debt free' posts and to be now able to write my own is amazing. I wish you all the best in your efforts and hope that you all soon get to do what I am doing today. I have the greatest respect and admiration for everyone on this board, especially those in it for the long haul. I will post on the DFW graduate sticky as well with a few more details about my journey.
My plans for now are - to relax and enjoy December, have a month off in Jan and spend some of my freed up debt repayment in the Jan sales before joining the MFW board and starting savings for a rainy day.
Time to break out the bubbly (special offer) and start cooking the celebratory meal (Sainsburys vouchers:rotfl: )
love and best wishes to you all bellsbells

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

Comments

• sally29
    sally29 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    well done and good luck for the future.

Sal
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Well done it's not boasting, it's taking pride in your achievement.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Larumbelle
    Larumbelle Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    :T Good for you! And it's not boasting, it's offering hope and motivation to people who feel that this day is a long way off. Posts like this show it can be done.

Well done! :beer:
  • suzialwaysbroke
    Options
    It's something we're all aiming for & it's wonderful to know that people
    DO get there eventually - a bit like going on an exotic holiday - you know that some people go, & hope to go yourself one day!!

Many congratulations,

Love Suzi xx
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not boasting at all and it's reading things like this that give me hope that maybe one day it'll be me.
    Well done!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm sure you had moments when you thought you would never get there so enjoy your achievement. And well done on celebrating MSE style!!!
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j Well done :T
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fantastic news!! I hope you won't desert DFW for ever - come back and give the rest of us advice and support from time to time, and remind us that it CAN be done!!

Enjoy December x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, that's fab :T.
  • thepinklady
    thepinklady Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    Options
    Well done - thats excellent news just before Christmas!!!

Its certainly not boasting, you've obviously been working hard the past few years to make this day possible - everybody on this forum has this day to come :j:j including myself!!!

Have a lovely Christmas & break in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure