Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bellsbells
    I have made it - debt free
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:23 PM
    I have made it - debt free 2nd Dec 07 at 3:23 PM
    Well my day has finally come. I have made my final payment to my CC and from this moment I am oficially debt free. I don't think it has sunk in yet. I am so thankful all the advice, help and ideas from the wonderful people on this board and of course Martin. Being debt free before Christmas with all the pressies bought and Christmas food budgeted for would have been unthinkable 18 months ago.
    I really don't want this post to sound like I am boasting - I hope that if you are still on your debt free journey you will keep the faith and know that you will one day get there! I have read so many 'I am debt free' posts and to be now able to write my own is amazing. I wish you all the best in your efforts and hope that you all soon get to do what I am doing today. I have the greatest respect and admiration for everyone on this board, especially those in it for the long haul. I will post on the DFW graduate sticky as well with a few more details about my journey.
    My plans for now are - to relax and enjoy December, have a month off in Jan and spend some of my freed up debt repayment in the Jan sales before joining the MFW board and starting savings for a rainy day.
    Time to break out the bubbly (special offer) and start cooking the celebratory meal (Sainsburys vouchers )
    love and best wishes to you all bellsbells

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

Page 1
  • sally29
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:25 PM
    well done and good luck for the future.

Sal
  • Broken hearted
    Well done it's not boasting, it's taking pride in your achievement.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Larumbelle
    • By Larumbelle 2nd Dec 07, 3:29 PM
    • 2,108 Posts
    • 10,578 Thanks
    Larumbelle
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:29 PM
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:29 PM
    Good for you! And it's not boasting, it's offering hope and motivation to people who feel that this day is a long way off. Posts like this show it can be done.

Well done!

• suzialwaysbroke
    • By suzialwaysbroke 2nd Dec 07, 3:30 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    suzialwaysbroke
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:30 PM
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:30 PM
    It's something we're all aiming for & it's wonderful to know that people
    DO get there eventually - a bit like going on an exotic holiday - you know that some people go, & hope to go yourself one day!!

Many congratulations,

Love Suzi xx
    A miserably failed DFW
    • skint_spice
    • By skint_spice 2nd Dec 07, 3:34 PM
    • 11,220 Posts
    • 23,582 Thanks
    skint_spice
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:34 PM
    • 2nd Dec 07, 3:34 PM
    It's not boasting at all and it's reading things like this that give me hope that maybe one day it'll be me.
    Well done!
    5000 by December 2018 721/5000
    • tealady
    • By tealady 2nd Dec 07, 4:29 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 3,536 Thanks
    tealady
    • 2nd Dec 07, 4:29 PM
    • 2nd Dec 07, 4:29 PM
    Congratulations. I'm sure you had moments when you thought you would never get there so enjoy your achievement. And well done on celebrating MSE style!!!
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 2nd Dec 07, 4:30 PM
    • 13,109 Posts
    • 115,329 Thanks
    lil_me
    • 2nd Dec 07, 4:30 PM
    Well done
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: 250.00
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • hypno06
    Fantastic news!! I hope you won't desert DFW for ever - come back and give the rest of us advice and support from time to time, and remind us that it CAN be done!!

Enjoy December x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
    • babes21
    • By babes21 2nd Dec 07, 4:33 PM
    • 1,638 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    babes21
    Well done, that's fab .
  • thepinklady
    Well done - thats excellent news just before Christmas!!!

Its certainly not boasting, you've obviously been working hard the past few years to make this day possible - everybody on this forum has this day to come including myself!!!

Have a lovely Christmas & break in January!
    • Numpty Monkey
    • By Numpty Monkey 2nd Dec 07, 4:58 PM
    • 13,384 Posts
    • 29,768 Thanks
    Numpty Monkey
    :confused: I think my post went into the ether:confused:

It's not boasting, it shows it can be done

well done.
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm & for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • dsljfreeman
    What a fantastic achievement, well done you
    Bankrupt 6th October 2009
    To a Debt-free Future
  • squirrel_pigeon
    Well done. It gives hope to us all! You've done incredibly well in a short space of time. Don't desert DFW, whatever you do!

Vicki
    xxxx
    All comments made and advice given are my own opinions and do not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

Current balance: approx 17500 including Tax Credit Overpayment

Estimated DFD: never - deficit budget. Cheers HMRC!

Another year over and we're still together. It's not always easy, but I'm here forever
  • In Search Of Me
    well doe you! Do pop in every now n again - just as an aide memoir to stop you slipping if nothing else! Well done you!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Burlesque Babe
    Well done!!!!

As someone who is DF +6 months , the bit of advice I would give is to keep on top of everything - keep up to date with the vouchers, the money back sites, the shopping around and the 'do I need it' mantra, so you don't take your eye off the ball and it all starts to slip

Look forward to reading about you on the Debt Free roll call thread!
    "Stay Wonky"

Become Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012
  • chocaholic110
    Well done!

What a fantastic Christmas you're going to have...and spare money to spend in the sales!

Enjoy it, you obviously deserve it!
    • angelflower
    • By angelflower 2nd Dec 07, 5:30 PM
    • 2,375 Posts
    • 7,008 Thanks
    angelflower
    congratulations and thank you for the inspiration. So what was the one thing you think that contributed to your success??
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017
  • theunknownstuntman
    Congrats! You must be thrilled!
    I am one of the 63336.
    His Grace Lord Stunty the Coherent of Deep Throcking

'It is better to have lived one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep.'
  • Gemmzie
    Congrats on the debt, good luck on the mortgage and listen to Keren (she's clever)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,293Posts Today

7,633Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin