H Samuel Next Day Delivery Not Turned Up

Options
I have been panicking over what to get my other half for Christmas for the last month or so now and was over the moon the other day when I came across a gorgeous watch on the H Samuel website. I placed my order yesterday and chose Next Day Delivery at an extra cost so that it would arrive today..I'm going to spend time with my OH tomorrow until December 20th (We have a long distance relationship). Anyway the watch didn't turn up so I contacted Royal Mail with the tracking info and was told that the delivery was never collected from H Samuel so I would have to check with them to make sure it HAD been despatched.

I got on the phone to H Samuel who told me that yes, it had been despatched yesterday and that if it didn't arrive today I would have to wait until Monday. I explained that it was an urgent delivery hence me paying the extra money to have it here in time but still they said they couldn't help me, and could definitely not refund my money since the order had left the warehouse - I thought this was fair, but still, I am left without my OH's MAIN Christmas present and definitely don't want to come home on the 20th and have to POST it.

I feel so dissapointed with their customer service but at the same time am kicking myself for not just going into town and picking it up instore. I just had too much packing and things to do today so didn't want to have to rush into town. I realise that it was partially my own fault and I should have ordered this earlier but is it worth making a written complaint, do you think?

xx

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if by next day delivery they use special delivery then they would have ot pay extra for saturday delivery.
    the next day on SD items is only for monday to friday unless the saturday delivery premium is paid(though most SD items are still delivered on the saturday)
    have you checked the web T&C's on next day delivery?
  • Kay_North
    Options
    Yes, the website/order confirmation both stated it would include Saturday delivery...
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ah well you should be getting at least your postage costs back.
    i know its not ideal but not really much else they can do.

i would definatly be firing a letter of complaint off
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Kay,

This is so annoying. Hope you complain and get some compensation.:money:
  • Kay_North
    Options
    Thanks guys..I'm leaving home soon to go see my OH. I'm still debating whether or not to ask my Mum to send it down while I'm there but she is completely useless when it comes to posting. She'd probably send it back out with the original address on it ;)
  • rogue_element
    Options
    RM should refund H Samuel for the delivery if its SD. I did this before when a delivery failed to turn up the next day. Took a phone call and a letter I think to get it sorted, but I got a cheque and a letter of apology.
  • vetfred
    vetfred Posts: 5,099 Forumite
    Options
    As long as the order was before 2pm it should have got there the next day so, if it didn't, they should refund your extra postage costs and RM should refund H Samuel for not providing the next day service.
    After posting about receiving an email to my MSE username/email from 'Money Expert' (note the use of ' '), I am now unable to post on MSE. Such is life.
  • mishkanorman
    Options
    Aa already stated special delivery doesnt cover saturdays, so if it was posted friday the next day is Monday. So royal mail wont give any compensation,

however I think samuels do owe you a refund of postage costs as they advertised something they cant deliver

mishka
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills