IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appealing to POPLA

Options
Hi Guys,

I had posted earlier abput me getting 2 tickets from CPM in the space of 1 week. The first ticket I have already paid but for the second ticket I came on here to seek advice. I appealed to CPM on the basis of me getting the letter (03/01/2020) past the due date (11/12/19) since the PCN was issued. (27/11/19 ). And as a result, this didnt give me the chance or oppourtunity to pay a lesser charge.

CPM rejected my appeal (No surprises):

here is their response: Thank you for your correspondence. I am writing to inform you that a Postal PCN (Notice to Owner) was sent on the 29/11/19 . This clearly stated “A discounted charge of £60.00 applies if this Parking Charge Notice is paid within 14 days of issue. If you choose to not pay at this amount the full value of £100.00 will be due”.

You were given 14 days to pay at the reduced rate of £60.00 and failed to do so. Therefore, you are liable to pay the full amount of £100

I didnt receive any letter in regards to their claims and neither did they show proof of the letter being sent.

I have decided to appeal to POPLA but

I am basically poor with informal appeal and wanted to know if there is a format to follow. Also, is there anything else I am missing that can support my case?

THANK YOU ALL EVER SO MUCH

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SO Post the above in your previous thread then and edit the above to say

IGNORE THIS THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories