Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jp1233
    • By jp1233 15th Jan 20, 9:07 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 11Thanks
    jp1233
    New build - company won't fix
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:07 PM
    New build - company won't fix 15th Jan 20 at 9:07 PM
    Good evening all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. We have been in since late April. As per everyone it seems, i have had terrible customer service from a new build company. Issues such as a leaking boiler, where a plumber came round and did a temporary fix, but told the house builder to fix this 'in 10 days' on September 10th, only getting fixed on January 10th.
    Todays issue is the back garden wooden fence blowing over in the wind. As in properly fallen flat into next doors garden. I have done a temporary fix, what i could do in the dark nights post work, but the companies request to come and fix was
    'Please be advised that fencing and garden gates are not covered under your warranty. Therefore we will not be sending anyone to attend to this.'
    Any advice? Thanks!
Page 1
    • comeandgo
    • By comeandgo 15th Jan 20, 9:13 PM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    comeandgo
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:13 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:13 PM
    Did you have the high winds most of the country did? The builder is correct, you can contact your house insurance or pay to get it repaired.
    • ethank
    • By ethank 18th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    ethank
    • 18th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    • 18th Jan 20, 8:56 AM
    Re-read your documentation, is this clear in the warranty? Or are they just trying to get out of it.
    • Simby
    • By Simby 18th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    Simby
    • 18th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    • 18th Jan 20, 9:04 AM
    Builder is correct if this was caused by high winds etc...

If it was caused by a fault in the construction you may be covered ( depends on warren toy

But repairing a fence is not a huge job or very expensive so maybe just move on and fix .. accept as part of home ownership
    • JMA74
    • By JMA74 18th Jan 20, 11:01 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 777 Thanks
    JMA74
    • 18th Jan 20, 11:01 AM
    • 18th Jan 20, 11:01 AM
    depends on warren toy
    Originally posted by Simby
    Is this a warranty for Birmingham only?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Simby
    • By Simby 18th Jan 20, 4:33 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    Simby
    • 18th Jan 20, 4:33 PM
    • 18th Jan 20, 4:33 PM
    Apologies it should have read warranty.

Sometimes apple auto correct comes out with some strange results
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

1,246Users online

Martin's Twitter