Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samt94
    • By samt94 15th Jan 20, 4:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    samt94
    Parking Tickets
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:31 PM
    Parking Tickets 15th Jan 20 at 4:31 PM
    Hi all,

I've received 3 parking tickets in 1 spot over 2 weeks, one instance of this was 2 motorcycles parked in 1 space (both in my name, of course I wasn't riding both). I was parked in the space for 30mins-1hour whilst getting a coffee. I didn't receive a ticket until after both incidences, hence I parked there twice (this of course wouldn't have been the case if I received the ticket beforehand)

This parking area had 1 sign up at the time, on the side of a wall (not clearly visible), however they have now added more around the car park.

I ignored the letters from the Parking Company (Total Parking Solutions - Birmingham), it was then passed to ZZPS Debt Collectors and finally QDR Solicitors. I've had texts and letters from them asking for money.

The fine at ZZPS point was 170 each (520 however these weren't grouped together and remain as separate letters), would anybody be able to advise me further on this situation?

Any help is appreciated,

Sam
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Jan 20, 4:36 PM
    • 8,714 Posts
    • 12,162 Thanks
    waamo
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:36 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:36 PM
    There is nothing you can do at this point other than wait and see if they take you to court. If they do come back and you will get help with a defence.

In future don't ignore them. Come here instead
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jan 20, 4:41 PM
    • 16,399 Posts
    • 17,339 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:41 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 4:41 PM
    It is not a fine, it is an invoice from an ex-clamper to compensate them for the alleged harm they suffered when you did what you did. We call it a scam. Pay them not a penny unless a judge so orders it.

They are asking far more than the law allows, read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

and complain to the SRA

https://www.sra.org.uk/

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jan 20, 4:19 AM
    • 80,692 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:19 AM
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:19 AM
    I ignored the letters from the Parking Company (Total Parking Solutions - Birmingham), it was then passed to ZZPS Debt Collectors and finally QDR Solicitors. I've had texts and letters from them asking for money.

The fine at ZZPS point was 170 each (520 however these weren't grouped together and remain as separate letters), would anybody be able to advise me further on this situation?
    Should not have ignored the PCN, TPS ones are laughable and appealable. Too late now.

At this stage what you read in the NEWBIES thread about debt collectors applies, so not sure what else you need to know? You did read the NEWBIES thread post #4 about debt collector tedium stage?

Obviously no-one pays 3 figure sums to PPC scammers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,106Users online

Martin's Twitter