Van repair car hire issue

Options
judd
judd Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi there!

I’m posting for a friend. :)

A good pal bought a brand new transit custom. 1200 on the clock the injectors went, Ford took the van back fixed it but in the meantime he was told he needed to go to Enterprise car hire to pick up a courtesy car... (corsa... not a like for like as promised). He was also told he needed to pay a £50 deposit returnable once the Corsa was returned. He had the car for 10 days.

The transit broke down the November, he still hasn’t had the deposit returned. Enterprise are saying it’s because Ford (Evans Halshaw) have yet you pay them for the use of the car and are refusing to refund my pal the £50 deposit.

I’ve said they can’t do that cos the deposit was a contract between himself and Enterprise, he returned the car with no faults and any payment due to them from EH has nothing to do with him and if there is a problem with the payment from EH they should take it up with them and not withhold any money from him.

Advice hugely appreciated. Be good to throw some ‘acts’ about to make us sound like we know what we are talking about and speedily return this £50!

I wonder if anyone else has had this deposit withholding issue with Enterprise?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family