Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 14th Jan 20, 7:15 PM
    • 302Posts
    • 49Thanks
    SeeMe
    Ebay router
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:15 PM
    Ebay router 14th Jan 20 at 7:15 PM
    Been a long time since i had a router delivered, just bought a backup router on ebay and its being delivered by 2nd class royal mail. Would the normal postie be expected to deliver this or the mail van. Anyone bought a recent router?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Jan 20, 7:36 PM
    • 63,153 Posts
    • 45,599 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:36 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:36 PM
    Been a long time since i had a router delivered, just bought a backup router on ebay and its being delivered by 2nd class royal mail. Would the normal postie be expected to deliver this or the mail van. Anyone bought a recent router?
    Originally posted by SeeMe
    I don't think it is likely to weigh a great deal, so probably just with the postie.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Jan 20, 7:42 PM
    • 29,675 Posts
    • 12,195 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:42 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:42 PM
    Usually the postman, but some are a little larger and it may depend on how busy your posty is that day.

Had them in a small van and the postie on foot. Pot luck.

One of the routers i had was curved and the box was double the size of all my previous routers even though the main unit was essentially the same size. Silly curve design.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 14th Jan 20, 10:07 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:07 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:07 PM
    Ok thanks. Its not the greatest router i know but its one of these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sky-Q-Hub-ER115-Wireless-AC-Gigabit-Broadband-Router-Dual-Band-Fibre-VDSL-ADSL2/143330088319?epid=23008868404&hash=item215f23957f% 3Ag%3As-AAAOSwrfFdr0%7Ey&LH_BIN=1
    • tomvox
    • By tomvox 14th Jan 20, 10:50 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    tomvox
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:50 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:50 PM
    I bought one of them last year. It isn't a large box and it was delivered by our normal postie rather than the parcel van. It's a decent router and a reasonable improvement on the older model.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 15th Jan 20, 8:33 AM
    • 35,242 Posts
    • 29,928 Thanks
    custardy
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:33 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:33 AM
    Not sure how you expect anyone to give a definitive answer.
    Depends on delivery methods in your area,the postie,room in their bag etc etc.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 15th Jan 20, 5:53 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    • 15th Jan 20, 5:53 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 5:53 PM
    Not sure how you expect anyone to give a definitive answer.
    Depends on delivery methods in your area,the postie,room in their bag etc etc.
    Originally posted by custardy

It does seem sometimes that some posters on here love a little dig at a simple advice question.
    The second line in your reply would be far better.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 15th Jan 20, 7:24 PM
    • 4,546 Posts
    • 5,588 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:24 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 7:24 PM
    if you log onto the router using supplied password , you can track it on google maps

honest ......................................
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    • 29,675 Posts
    • 12,195 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    • 15th Jan 20, 10:02 PM
    How do you logon to a router thats in the postal system?

If your talking about tracking your IP on a map then it depends on your ISP. Mines never been accurate. 45miles away at best and usually its over 100 miles.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 16th Jan 20, 1:43 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    I now know my answer, normal postie just knocked on the door and she gave me a parcel.

Thanks for the replies.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Jan 20, 2:04 PM
    • 35,242 Posts
    • 29,928 Thanks
    custardy
    It does seem sometimes that some posters on here love a little dig at a simple advice question.
    The second line in your reply would be far better.
    Originally posted by SeeMe
    Its not a dig,its a basic fact of the vagueness of your question.
    I'll add you to my blocklist so I no longer bother you.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 16th Jan 20, 5:34 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Its not a dig,its a basic fact of the vagueness of your question.
    I'll add you to my blocklist so I no longer bother you.
    Originally posted by custardy
    Well thats good news you will not bother me again.

Vagueness? must be just you.
    Last edited by SeeMe; 16-01-2020 at 5:36 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

2,567Users online

Martin's Twitter