Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tomo10
    • By Tomo10 13th Jan 20, 6:48 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tomo10
    Move from Peoples Pension to Royal London?
    • 13th Jan 20, 6:48 PM
    Move from Peoples Pension to Royal London? 13th Jan 20 at 6:48 PM
    Hi,
    The company that I used to work for enrolled me into the Peoples Pension, which appeared to be a good performer in the top ten rankings. My Boss has since sold the company to a larger one which has set up a Work Place Pension with Royal London, which is also performing well so far. I previously moved (rightly or wrongly) my small pension pots into the People's Pension after advice (not payed for but reliable).
    Question: should I now move my Peoples Pension pot over to Royal London? It totals about 110,000 atm.
    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Andrew31
    • By Andrew31 14th Jan 20, 10:46 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Andrew31
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:46 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:46 AM
    If its performing well and competitively charged, no real reason to move it.

Other than less paperwork, but 2 pensions is fine.
    • Albermarle
    • By Albermarle 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 1,460 Thanks
    Albermarle
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:44 AM
    You should first compare the charges to see if there is any significant advantage/disadvantage from this point of view .
    A large employer will probably have been able to negotiate a decent discount , although it might not be obvious from the paperwork. You will need to enquire , probably with RL direct.
    Also although most workplace pensions will accept transfers in , you will need to check before making any decisions.
    As said above though , if there is no obvious reason to transfer , then no big problem having two pensions, especially if they are not just piddling amounts .
    • cobson
    • By cobson 14th Jan 20, 11:54 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    cobson
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:54 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:54 AM
    With a pot of 110,000 The Peoples Pension will be charging 0.25% if you want to compare with RL
    • Tomo10
    • By Tomo10 14th Jan 20, 7:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tomo10
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:12 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 7:12 PM
    Thankyou all for your input. I will investigate further. I just don't like paying unnecessary admin charges which offsets any positives for having multiple pensions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,185Posts Today

5,539Users online

Martin's Twitter