Forum Home» Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning

Move from Peoples Pension to Royal London?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Move from Peoples Pension to Royal London?

4 replies 360 views
Tomo10Tomo10 Forumite
2 posts
Hi,
The company that I used to work for enrolled me into the Peoples Pension, which appeared to be a good performer in the top ten rankings. My Boss has since sold the company to a larger one which has set up a Work Place Pension with Royal London, which is also performing well so far. I previously moved (rightly or wrongly) my small pension pots into the People's Pension after advice (not payed for but reliable).
Question: should I now move my Peoples Pension pot over to Royal London? It totals about 110,000 atm.
Thanks in advance. :beer:

Replies

• Andrew31Andrew31 Forumite
    152 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    If its performing well and competitively charged, no real reason to move it.

Other than less paperwork, but 2 pensions is fine.
  • AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    6.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should first compare the charges to see if there is any significant advantage/disadvantage from this point of view .
    A large employer will probably have been able to negotiate a decent discount , although it might not be obvious from the paperwork. You will need to enquire , probably with RL direct.
    Also although most workplace pensions will accept transfers in , you will need to check before making any decisions.
    As said above though , if there is no obvious reason to transfer , then no big problem having two pensions, especially if they are not just piddling amounts .
  • cobsoncobson Forumite
    89 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    With a pot of 110,000 The Peoples Pension will be charging 0.25% if you want to compare with RL
  • Thankyou all for your input. I will investigate further. I just don't like paying unnecessary admin charges which offsets any positives for having multiple pensions.