Tandem to start charging £6/mth for cashback credit card - MSE News

Options
Challenger bank Tandem has announced it is to start charging for its popular cashback credit card, with existing customers unable to use their cards from 9 March unless they pay a £5.99/mth membership fee...
Read the full story:
'Tandem to start charging £6/mth for cashback credit card'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• webstersfx
    Options
    i'm def cancelling, only use Tandem abroad where my Amex not accepted, pay in full every month and not prepared to pay £6 per month. Also had issues recently where Asda petrol stations refuse to accept any Tandem cards so the fee is final insult
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The original non-duplicate thread is here with plenty of discussion already:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6089042
  • glyno123
    Options
    Tandem are nailing their colours to the mast. No more cash back for paying in full customers without a fee, which in most cases will be equal to the cash back. Smoke and mirrors and the idea you won’t pay interest as long as the debt remains and accumulates astounds me, a recipe for encouraging debt. I will move back to the Halifax clarity card for overseas, and maximise Amex as much as possible in the Uk. Sadly the latter is also changing for Costco customers, a double whammy for me! All in all the cash back bonanza is coming to an end, unless you have an Asda card and shop there 1% in house, 0.2% elsewhere. Time to make better use of a Starling Bank account too me thinks!:rotfl:
  • OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I only use Tandem for the cashback at places that don't accept Amex and for overseas spending, so I'm switching to Aqua that will serve the same purpose - 0.5% cashback and good for overseas. The low Aqua credit limit won't be a problem as I pay IN FULL and don't spend a lot as most of my spending is on my Amex card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure