IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How do you explain this?

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you notice that every single one of their citations are from 2013?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you explain this?
    Why would we, it's from waaay back in 2013 when P/Eye started suing for the first time and took people by surprise.

Meaningless stats, pre-Beavis case, and only just after the time of the POFA 2012.

You want us to explain why P/Eye won the cases they seized on in 2013, six years ago?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The explanation is rather simple. The claims are from early 2013 and the Newbies thread wasn't written until the end of 2013.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Plus don't forget that the many cases on here, and elsewhere are just the very tip of the PPC iceberg.
    Most people when confronted with a PPC charge will ignore (as that is what the bloke in the pub says ) ignore the a not then panic, or just pay up and possibly moan to the local paper about being fined for visiting twice but had to pay the "fine" as it would go up
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    Options
    That title! They'd never write: 'Parking Eye fights back against Citizens' Advice'. Yet this is one area that the CAB doesn't handle effectively whereas this forum is spot on.

Good to know about it though, even if out of date and not relevant. Anyone who thinks that P.E. are the respectable face of the PPCs should find this cynical attempt to intimidate motorists revealing.
  • Oliveoil88
    Options
    I thought it was a bit of a scare thing. Just caught me by surprise when I came across it, funny enough a friend linked it to me
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Reading 2013 links when it's almost 2020, is like reading a 7 yr old newspaper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,070 Forumite
    Options
    If the information on the parking eye site is inaccurate, then as parking eye are a commercial concern selling product (cameras on a stick) to clients then shouldn't any miss leading content be a matter for the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA)?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    If the information on the parking eye site is inaccurate, then as parking eye are a commercial concern selling product (cameras on a stick) to clients then shouldn't any miss leading content be a matter for the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA)?

They are reporting what was accurate at the time. I have no idea what their latest success rate is but would imagine that taking raw data alone will make it very high. The amount of default judgements alone will be huge.

I can't see a complaint flying to be honest.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Fake news or alternative facts?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure