We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DigiDocs - NatWest

Options
Hi,

I opened an Help to Buy ISA with NatWest on Friday night online, it said at the end - that they needed more documents from me and that I’d get a digidocs invitation via email.

Anyone have any experience of how long it takes for this to come (I have been told 1 working day - is that right?) and what documents you have to scan to it please?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    ID or address confirmation would be my guess.
    Is there anything in the application to suggest you may not be eligible to a HTB Isa?
  • blue.peter
    blue.peter Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 September 2019 at 11:32AM
    Options
    b07393 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of how long it takes for this to come (I have been told 1 working day - is that right?) and what documents you have to scan to it please?

Yes. I applied for an RBS account in June. As I recall it, I applied online on the Monday evening, got the e-mail on Wednesday morning, uploaded a scan of my passport within the hour, then received an unexpected form to sign on Thursday (that came in the post). Account approved Friday.

(In case you aren't already aware, this is relevant because RBS owns NatWest, and they use the same systems and processes.)

Edit: I've just found the relevant e-mail. It actually came on the Tuesday afternoon, so they did get it done within one working day of the application. That e-mail said:

"Thanks for applying for an Royal Bank of Scotland Personal Current Account with us. We’ll need you to upload some documentation to verify your details and complete your application. Uploading is quick, easy and secure - and we'll talk you through it. What we currently need from you:

information.png Proof of ID
    Provide a form of photo ID to help us prove your identity

information.png E-Signature
    You'll need to check and e-sign your documents

The first step is to get you logged in. Please click on the link below. This will take you to our site where you'll need your mobile phone to receive your password."
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    When I opened my NatWest account last year, I seem to recall the emails and links coming through pretty quick (check your spam folder in case they get lost!). They'll tell you what sort of ID is acceptable before you upload it. In my case they repeatedly rejected my documents, which made it a rather slow affair. I'd upload a document, get a response the next day saying it wasn't accepted, re-upload within the hour and have to wait until the following day to get a new response. Ultimately it was easier to visit them in a branch in my case, and they accepted the very same documents their online service rejected -shrugs-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure