(Marks & Spencer) Credit Card Safe Policy

Options
Has anyone purchased this insurance ('Card Safe') from M&S Money?

If so, i'd like to know if it covers you if you buy something from a 'dodgy' website and do not receive your goods (i.e purchase protection) - which is one of the things i dread the most when using my cards online.

Anyone know if this insurance will cover me for that? Or for anyone who has this insurance........have you claimed on it/is it any good?
Also, is it ONLY just £20 a year (without hidden costs)?!!

Spoke to M&S customer services, but the lady i spoke to was very vague & suggested having a look on the website - but i'm none the wiser.:confused:

On the M&S website it states 'No matter how careful you are, losing your purse or wallet can happen to any of us. Protect yourself from unnecessary hassle and unexpected expense with Marks & Spencer Card Safe. From just £20 a year, you will be covered against the loss, theft or fraudulent use of all your credit, debit and store cards, whether you are at home or abroad. We'll also cover your personal documents, cash and keys too'.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• CopperPlate_2
    Options
    I emailed M&S about this months ago...and I'm still waiting for an answer. I had a look at this policy and surmised from what I read that it did NOT cover items in transit.

If you're looking for this then have a look at the Egg Money card (covers in transit for items over £25) or the partnership card from John Lewis (doesn't appear to have a minimum amount). Both these cards offer the protection as standard, i.e. no extra charge.
  • scorpio13
    Options
    Thanks for that Copperplate.

Thought it was just me being thick, for a min!:D
  • patsy30510
    Options
    I originally had a charge card from M&S and in 1992 I took out the cardsafe policy. Never had cause to claim. Moved from the house where I had lived for 32 years in 2004 and had a small o/s balance paid by DD. Now living in Spain , rang M&S in Feb 2007 to clear account and close it. This done and nothing more heard until today when my friend (UK c/o address) tells me that a default letter has been received. Further enquiries and I am told by M&S that cardsafe claimed an insurance premium and even though the account was closed they had to pay it because it was an 'insurance'.
    I spoke with cardsafe and was advised that because I didn't cancel the policy I was responsible.
    Point 1. When I took out the policy I understood that it was with M&S (or at least a company under their umrella). communication???
    Point 2. As M&S 'push' the cardsafe when cards are opened with them, surely they have a duty of care to advise customers closing accounts, that they need to stop a cardsafe policy seperately.
    point 3. If I had paid this through a standard bank account and then closed the account and moved to another bank, would the bank have refused to pay and therefore the policy would have been allowed to lapse.

Don't touch cardsafe with a bargepole. You will be batted backwards and forwards , within the M&S financial group and it will cost you. No-one will take responsibility for what is clearly a hole in their training programme (or is it?)

patsy:mad: :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport