DIscover Access Cancellation

Options
Advice needed on a holiday deal please :( I was on holiday in August and signed up to Discover Access (a sort of holiday club that you purchase a 3/5/10 year deal and then pay to holiday in various destinations). My parents have had this for a number of years and i thought it was ok - i agreed a £500 deposit to be taken after 14 days - they agreed to phone me on the last day to double check it was ok. They didnt phone, the money was taken but i was still planning to continue with the agreement. The agreement comes in to effect on 1st May 2020 - cannot makes use of any of the destinations until then. Last week my circumstances changed financially and i notified them that i would not be able to afford the £100 monthly payments - I asked if they could compromise on the deal - keep the £500 (although I can't afford that either but thought it might help) but cancel the remaining payments. They have said they won't do that and they expect my payments to continue - even thought i have said I literally do not have that spare cash. Is there anything i can do?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport