Lake Como, Italy. Weather for mid/late October

Options
Has anybody been to north Italy in October. What was the weather like? Should I pack shorts?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It can be very pleasant in October, but it can also suffer from heavy rainfall. As we have all seen in the UK, past experience of weather is no longer any guarantee of what you may find when you travel. The only honest suggestion is to check the weather forecast the day before you pack and then hope for the best.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try this site as it might help. I live a lot more south.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/it/como/214043/october-weather/214043?year=2019
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Could be hot and sunny.
    Could be snowing.
    It’s a mountain environment remember, so extremely variable.

I would suggest it will definitely be chilly first thing in the morning and once the sun goes down in the evening, so no shorts for dinner on the terrace!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    It can be very pleasant in October, but it can also suffer from heavy rainfall. As we have all seen in the UK, past experience of weather is no longer any guarantee of what you may find when you travel. The only honest suggestion is to check the weather forecast the day before you pack and then hope for the best.

That was my experience in Verona/Lake Garda in October. Mostly the weather was good but when it rained it really fell out of the sky!

A pair of shorts is hardly going to fill your suitcase OP so take them just in case (excuse pun:o) but you'll need a range of other clothes too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure