Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JeanDePierre
    • By JeanDePierre 20th Aug 19, 4:45 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    JeanDePierre
    0 WOW
    MUBI Go -- Free Cinema Ticket Every Week
    • 20th Aug 19, 4:45 PM
    0 WOW
    MUBI Go -- Free Cinema Ticket Every Week 20th Aug 19 at 4:45 PM
    I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum.

I use a movie streaming service called MUBI (it offers carefully chosen films, mainly independents, largely foreign; there are never more than 30, and they stay for a month: one is added each day, and the oldest drops off the list). Partly because of the small selection, it's always easier to find something to watch, than on Amazon Prime or Netflix!

What I didn't know when I signed up (for about 10 per month, or 80 per year paid in advance) is that I automatically get "MUBi Go": an app that offers a free cinema film (at select cinemas only) every week. The film might be obscure, or might be mainstream: this week, for example, the free movie is Tarantino's newest one (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), which was only released a few days ago.

Sometimes I don't like the movie much, but I'm almost always always glad I went, as they are always interesting/unusual.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    • 35,054 Posts
    • 22,157 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 22nd Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    • 22nd Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum.

I use a movie streaming service called MUBI (it offers carefully chosen films, mainly independents, largely foreign; there are never more than 30, and they stay for a month: one is added each day, and the oldest drops off the list). Partly because of the small selection, it's always easier to find something to watch, than on Amazon Prime or Netflix!

What I didn't know when I signed up (for about 10 per month, or 80 per year paid in advance) is that I automatically get "MUBi Go": an app that offers a free cinema film (at select cinemas only) every week. The film might be obscure, or might be mainstream: this week, for example, the free movie is Tarantino's newest one (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), which was only released a few days ago.

Sometimes I don't like the movie much, but I'm almost always always glad I went, as they are always interesting/unusual.
    Originally posted by JeanDePierre
    Its easy to find something to watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 22nd Aug 19, 10:25 PM
    • 4,567 Posts
    • 12,824 Thanks
    asajj
    • 22nd Aug 19, 10:25 PM
    • 22nd Aug 19, 10:25 PM
    MUBI is great indeed. It depends on your preferences. I watch a lot of TV series nowadays so I stick with Netflix. A great bonus to have this free ticket though.
    2015 in 2015 / 2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • jjhdee
    • By jjhdee 30th Aug 19, 3:07 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    jjhdee
    • 30th Aug 19, 3:07 PM
    • 30th Aug 19, 3:07 PM
    Agreed on choosing what to watch easier with Mubi, but then again the service is aimed more at cinephiles. Don't think many people would prefer it over Netflix. Anyway, I didn't know about this, that's great! I've been trying to justify a Mubi subscription.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,516Posts Today

7,535Users online

Martin's Twitter