Heathrow Premier Inn or Travelodge?

Options
Travelling from Terminal 4. How far is the nearest Travelodge and which is better - Premier Inn or Travelodge?

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Hilton, as seen in the hotels.com ad, others are just too far away.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have used Premier Inn, Hilton and Radisson Blu - all on Bath Road - and got the Hoppa bus each time to Heathrow.

Journey only takes a few minutes and costs about £5 each way- hotel to LHR and LHR to hotel.

There is also a free option, find the nearest red bus stop which is inside the Heathrow zone and get that, it's free I believe to go to LHR but don't know where the bus stops.
  • puddle96
    puddle96 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a Premier inn attached by walkway to T4 as well as the Hilton and I believe a Holiday Inn Express
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    puddle96 wrote: »
    There is a Premier inn attached by walkway to T4 as well as the Hilton and I believe a Holiday Inn Express

I hadn't thought of Holiday Inn too - thank you.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Have used Premier Inn, Hilton and Radisson Blu - all on Bath Road - and got the Hoppa bus each time to Heathrow.

Journey only takes a few minutes and costs about £5 each way- hotel to LHR and LHR to hotel.

There is also a free option, find the nearest red bus stop which is inside the Heathrow zone and get that, it's free I believe to go to LHR but don't know where the bus stops.

The Hoppa is a rip off.

Get the freebie bus.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_local_buses.htm
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    puddle96 wrote: »

Yes, there's a Crowne Plaza and HI Express in the sample building and linked to T4 by a covered walkway. I haven't stopped in either yet as they've only been open a few months and I don't use T4 very often.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Check all hotels sometime you can get surprises on how cheap some of the good hotels are

I often find holidayextras with the 10%-15% discount gives a good starting comparison for LHR then shop around for the best deal.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Have used Premier Inn, Hilton and Radisson Blu - all on Bath Road - and got the Hoppa bus each time to Heathrow....

You can get good rates at hotels nearer to T4 than on Bath Road.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    You can get good rates at hotels nearer to T4 than on Bath Road.

According to one site the Holiday Inn Express is just 6 minutes walk to T4 - probably take me bit longer dragging a suitcase though. I wonder if I could get hold of a trolley?
  • puddle96
    puddle96 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Depending on how fast you walk 10 mins max to any of those connected to T4 with suitcase( it’s a bit draughty on that walkway so you’ll not want to hang around ). Can’t remember if I saw trolleys for use or not . I usually use Premier Inn at T4 when I fly from Heathrow and need an over night stay. Answering your original question - haven’t used Travelodge for years but will happily use Premier Inn
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure