IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN smart wrong digits in ref- appeal denied

Options
Hi
Sorry to post- I’ve read the newbie thread but have already appealed and unsure what to do next

Basically on holiday in Skegness (yep says it all), parked at fantasy island - husband paid £6 for all day parking.

2 weeks later received pcn through post. Looked at ticket and realised husband had put first two letters completely wrong (old car)

I immediately appealed (didn’t think to check anywhere as to me it seemed an obvious mistake)
So I just told them it was a genuine mistake and I put wrong number in but had copy of ticket which I attached - thought that would be it

But today had letter off them saying that the pcn is upheld as the car park signage states that the correct VRM must be entered and that for a full 128 minutes the vehicle had no payment assigned to it!
It says I’ve reached the end of internal appeals

Anyone tell me what next?
Close to paying and divorcing husband 😂

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    POPLA , it tells you that on the rejection , with a code

draft a popla appeal based on post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum

also look at other appeals where 2 characters were mistyped and try to draft yours using similar arguments

also look for the words of BPA guidance regarding mistyped VRM details , posted not too long ago, possibly on their website too

they took the money so accepted the new contract , they havent offered to return it either , their system should be checking that typed in details match the vehicles they saw using their ANPR cameras , and rejecting any incorrect ones, as in this case , so its their fault , not your hubbys

their technology should not allow it , same as a cashpoint wouldnt allow it if he put his pin in incorrectly

etc
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Did you tell Smart parking who was driving? - don't tell me just say yes or no
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Mum7
    Mum7 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I can’t remember
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So assume you didn't and copy any recent Smart no keeper liability POPLA appeal. That's how this forum works best, and those are your search keywords.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mum7
    Options
    posted last month about a fine received through smart parking- entered first two digits of numberplate wrong. Had ticket and so sent off to smart parking who rejected it and directed me to POPLA
    I sent my appeal like told on here with one of the drafts modified to meet my circumstances
    I’ve just had an email off POPLA with smart parking reply- some massive jargon keep repeating itself about how I didn’t have a valid ticket.
    And been asked to provide comments!!
    What more can I say???
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Read recent popla rebuttals and construct your own within the 2000 character limit, focusing on where their evidence pack supports your appeal and also failures too

Look at landowner contracts, signage , pofa and BPA Cop failures to start with
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And been asked to provide comments!!
    Well yes, just as the NEWBIES thread post #3 tells you will happen & what to do.

Surprised you appear not to have been expecting the perfectly normal POPLA stages and know you will now win on no keeper liability, and just need to give POPLA a nudge in the right direction.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mrt72
    mrt72 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had one of these cancelled by complaining to the landowner (Fantasy Island), try that if you haven't yet!
  • Mum7
    Options
    Had message off POPLA today to say that I’d won my appeal and no further action would be taken
    Thanks all for your help
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done and thanks for letting us know. Please help us by putting your appeal and the assessor's decision, with his/her name, in the PoPLA decisions thread with a link to this thread.

Please also complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business