Filling gaps in wall studding?

Options
Long story made short, brick wall on the outside and the inside studded, i wanted to fill the the gaps with expanding foam but i have heard about how cavity wall insulation can absorb moisture and bridge it to the inside concerned about using it in this situation.

I was going to squirt it under where the skirting board has to go because Wood Louse and small spiders keep walking from under the studding into the living room at night, the spiders have not gone down well with the other half to say the least.

I have used this foam in other situations but similar to cavity wall insulation i think the foam also absorbs moisture.
Enjoy everyday like it's your last!

Comments

• markin
    markin Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just use silicone to seal it.
  • king132
    king132 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Measure the thickness of the stud work and fit the thickest polystyrene sheets for that size.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As long as there is a DPC in place, a very thin bead of expanding foam will seal the gap. Don't try filling the gap straight from the nozzle, at the stuff expands way more than one might think.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure