IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP ticket - I wasn't in the country!

Options
So, I just received a PCN from NCP through the post for failure to pay at a Manchester parking lot. However, I was on holiday at the time and my car was safely in Stansted airport car park!

I've seen a lot of advice on this board to just ignore it and don't speak to them - but since I have such a good alibi, should I get in touch?

I do really want the reassurance that this has gone away - fortunately, I have the ticket from Stansted showing I entered the parking lot at about 4am and the ticket is for 8pm, so I guess technically I could have have got to Manchester in time but I have proof I wasn't in the country and I highly doubt my car moved without me!

i'm a bit worried my reg has been cloned, but on the NCP appeal page I can't see any photographic evidence (I didn't go past the first page as I don't know if I should appeal or not).

Aggh! Thoughts?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You haven't seen any advice here to ignore!!

Everyone is asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What's a parking lot? America? You mean 'car park'.

Go past the first page online and see if they show images. It's safe to look.

Sounds like their error in the VRN, not likely to be a clone which is comparatively rarer than PPC mess-ups.

If no images are shown, send a SAR to NCP's data protection officer (see the second post of the NEWBIES thread for an example and how to find the DPO's email). When they divulge the photos I reckon you'll see a different car.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure