Enstroga Energy - Customer Service

Options
Sugar567
Sugar567 Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi, help needed - sorry for the long post!!

In September last year my mother moved her gas and Elec to Enstroga after they were in the top 5 in the Daily Mail best deals, the switch went over as agreed and the DD was set up and started to be taken.

She decided to switch after the death of my father, she knew her electricity consummation would drop dramatically as my father always had electro heaters on. Our plan was to give regular accurate meter reading however right from the start her online account wouldn't allow the electricity readings to be entered. It wasn't showing the switch reading it just had xxxxxx ESTIMATED. I tried numerous times ringing Enstroga, it proved very hard to speak to anyone, I found the best time to ring was around lunchtime but even though I rang over 6 times the problem still persisted. I was told there was an issue between suplliers (previous one was Scottish Power) when I spoke to Scottish Power they said her account was settled and they had closed the account so it was nothing to do with them. We were stuck in the middle.

I therefore contacted the Ombudsman and started a complaint, within 24 hrs the Enstroga Customer Services Ambassador rang me, she basically said there was a dispute with the readings, we therefore agreed the readings and she asked me to enter the current readings to check the problem was sorted and an upto date bill could be generated which I did. The day after my mother received an email saying a bill was available online, she logged on and hey presto it was there, the customer services ambassador said the problem was sorted and asked if we could close the complaint with the ombudsman to which we agreed, I therefore rang the ombudsman and closed the complaint.

Recently she has had another email asking for more meter readings, I logged on only to find the same problem with the electricity readings, the previous reading just said xxxxx ESTIMATED and I am unable to enter any electricity readings, the gas is fine may I add as it was before.

The customer services ambassador was very nice first time, she explained that Enstroga had to improve their customer services and that was her job to sort out. I asked what instigated her call to me, was it all my phone calls or was it the ombudsman, her reply was the ombudsman complaint made her ring, she gave me her email address and said any further problems drop her an email. Due to this latest problem, I did just that, but guess what nothing back.

My mother is 80 years old and is getting very upset and worried about the whole situation but I am at a loss as to what to do now so any help would be appreciated thanks. :mad::p:p

Comments

• ragdoll62
    ragdoll62 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi.

Not sure if you have seen the reviews on trust pilot and google. There are lots of complaints about this company with many complaining along similar lines, including ourselves.

We unfortunately inherited this company following a move of house and after 3 weeks of calls being cut off and excessive bills for switching away, we have raised a formal complaint. This is because of being blocked in switching away and over priced bills etc and we are now waiting for 8 weeks to go to the ombudsman. This company is awful and hope that action is taken by legal or the ombudsman ASAP. We have also spoken to citizens advice.

My advice get rid if you can:mad:
  • kate.l
    Options
    Been with Enstroga for 11 OK months. But Enstroga requested contact for 'new deal for existing customer'. MSE new deal is 14.95 kwh and15.33 s/c. My personal Enstroga offer was 17.19kwh s/c16.25/day based on account profile. My account profile was an annual estimate of 3600 kwh (actual for 342 days was 3628), all paid on time. So what's that about?

There is a switch away in progress now, which I'm hoping goes smoothly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure