Paris CDG airport

Options
Hi,

Two things, next week I am flying in to CDG 2E and need to get to the Railway......is it easy to find? Follow the RER signs?

Also the return by train arrives at 9:30pm and need a hotel before the morning's flight back to UK, any recommendations for a hotel handy to the terminal that deffo has a shuttle working at that time of the night?

Comments

• Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Two things, next week I am flying in to CDG 2E and need to get to the Railway......is it easy to find? Follow the RER signs?

Also the return by train arrives at 9:30pm and need a hotel before the morning's flight back to UK, any recommendations for a hotel handy to the terminal that deffo has a shuttle working at that time of the night?

I can't help regarding the hotel, but getting to the station is well signposted and a doddle.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Go out the terminal and turn left, follow the train signs, piece of cake.
  • Dick_Turpin99
    Options
    thanks for the replies:beer:
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Terminal 2E has a transit hotel (Yotelair), worth a Google, although it is airside so dunno if you can get through to it that far before the flight.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Getting to the station is one of the very few things that is straightforward at CDG, in all other respects it is a nightmare, one of the world's worst airports, and one that I will do almost anything to avoid.
  • Dick_Turpin99
    Options
    so the hotels around the airport are all full.....the pods in term 2E are for international flights except UK......so anyone got any suggestions?.....arrive in the station at 9:30pm with a flight the next day at 10am back to UK.........anyone found anything with an airport shuttle to a place outside of town? Didn't want to get stuck in Paris
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure how much you want to pay but we stayed at the Millennium Hotel CDG which was very comfortable and had a regular shuttle to the airport. Not sure what night you want to stay but Thursday, as an example, is around £122
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure