Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • isofa
    • By isofa 11th Jun 19, 10:34 AM
    • 5,964Posts
    • 3,001Thanks
    isofa
    Printers for small card stock and envelopes
    • 11th Jun 19, 10:34 AM
    Printers for small card stock and envelopes 11th Jun 19 at 10:34 AM
    I'm running a project where we are printing on a lot of 10x6cm media (card and minature envelopes). We are manually feeding them through our Epson Workforce printer by attaching several to a piece of paper to take them through, as they are so small without the guide paper they don't fall within the rollers/paper detect switches and just disappear in the printer.

They print perfectly this way, but it's a very slow process attaching several with low tack glue/tape to print, then peeling them off and repeating the process over and over.

Are there any good printers which can take small/odd shaped stock like this, each set is personalised so we can't just get a batch professionally printed.

Page 1
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 11th Jun 19, 4:03 PM
    • 13,406 Posts
    • 16,226 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 11th Jun 19, 4:03 PM
    • 11th Jun 19, 4:03 PM
    Have you looked into photo printers? These quite often have small size paper handling.

Also could you use labels for the envelopes instead of printing directly?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • isofa
    • By isofa 13th Jun 19, 4:15 PM
    • 5,964 Posts
    • 3,001 Thanks
    isofa
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:15 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:15 PM
    Yes, thank-you. I've had a look, but none officially support such small sizes, the smallest most cater for is 6" x 4".

Printing has to be direct onto the envelopes, part of the eco requirement of the project!

Will keep looking...
    Last edited by isofa; 13-06-2019 at 5:02 PM. Reason: format

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,282Posts Today

7,224Users online

Martin's Twitter