Income support

Options
Hi ive recently been reported for living with someone which isnt true. They know im in a relationship and i hope to move in with him by the end of the year. However they want to see bank statements relating to compensation ive recieved. The childrens daddys name is all over my statements as he would transfer money in for the kids when hes working abroad, or if they needed clothes, birthdays and xmas ect. I didnt tell income support that it was maintenance as i geuinely thought that was a lump sum put in every month which he doesnt do. Im worried now that they will put 2 and 2 together and either think im living with him or im getting more money than i should be. Hes been doing this for yearsss. Should i be worried. What could happen, im so afraid. Ive been honest with them at the interview so im hoping all will be ok but im worried

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Child maintenance is ignored as income.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is your partner the same person as your 'childrens dad' Your post is unclear on that.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry, yes my partner is their daddy
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jus provide proof of your partners other home. You say he works away, I’m assuming he has another home when he comes back to the UK as he didn’t live with you.

If he has no other home, you are in a relationship and have children together it may be that claiming as a single person was not the correct thing to do...
  • System
    Options
    Hi, yes he has another adress here. Hes never guaranteed work away. Im afraid that the money he sends to me for the kids and because i didnt claim it as maintenance that they will class it as capital (income) and it will seem like i havent been truthful. My anxiety is through the roof
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Danik1989 wrote: »
    Hi ive recently been reported for living with someone which isnt true. They know im in a relationship and i hope to move in with him by the end of the year. However they want to see bank statements relating to compensation ive recieved. The childrens daddys name is all over my statements as he would transfer money in for the kids when hes working abroad, or if they needed clothes, birthdays and xmas ect. I didnt tell income support that it was maintenance as i geuinely thought that was a lump sum put in every month which he doesnt do. Im worried now that they will put 2 and 2 together and either think im living with him or im getting more money than i should be. Hes been doing this for yearsss. Should i be worried. What could happen, im so afraid. Ive been honest with them at the interview so im hoping all will be ok but im worried

You describe him in another post as your partner. He is also your children's dad. You don't have to live together to be partners and it may be that your claim has been incorrect.

It looks as though you are suddenly worried because you have received money from him into your bank, but that is not actually why they (Council? DWP? Who?) want to see your bank statements - they want to view them because of compensation received. This implies that you know you may have done something wrong.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You describe him in another post as your partner. He is also your children's dad. You don't have to live together to be partners and it may be that your claim has been incorrect.

It looks as though you are suddenly worried because you have received money from him into your bank, but that is not actually why they (Council? DWP? Who?) want to see your bank statements - they want to view them because of compensation received. This implies that you know you may have done something wrong.

Think she thought they wanted her in for a interview due to compensation now it's to do with partner possibly living with her she's been reported for. She'll have to now show bank statements showing everything.

Hopefully she's no telling fibs to claim benefits! As they may well have been watching her.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you ever lived together? When did you split and get back together? Does he pay rent on another place or is his other residence his parents/friends.

Being in a relationship with your kids' father claiming you are not living together is the hardest position to defend to claim benefits as a single parent.
  • System
    Options
    He is my partner as we are in a relationship now which i told them at the interview. Hes never lived with me, i pay all my bills, my bank statements will show this. Yes they want to see my statements to see what i have spent my compensation on but i have also stated on my statements where he has given me money what it has been for such as toy stores at birthday times. Surely if the money he is sending me is for the children then what is it that i have done wrong?
  • System
    Options
    I havent thought i had done anything wrong until i had my interview. I have no issue paying money back if him sending me money was wrong, if they think i should make a joint claim then i will. I had no idea these things were wrong as when you search online nothing is in black and white. As to how often hes allowed to visit or is he allowed to sleep over a nyt. I didnt even no maintenance wasnt means tested until afterwards when i googled it. The compliance officer told me to write on the statements what the transactions are and who from so im just doing as i was told.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure