Negative Feedback - Lies

Options
Hi ,
After some quick advice please . I sold a trouser suit on eBay for £4.99. Jacket was size 10 and trousers were size 14 . In my description , I stated jacket was size 10, but a large 10 so in my opinion, more like a size 12. Buyer took ages to pay ans I was preparing to relist but then she did pay .She messaged me this morning to say no way was the jacket a 10- she thought more like. Size 14. I replied saying jacket was a 10 ( as per my photos showing label) but I also thought it was larger and in my opinion, I thought more like a 12 ... but that’s was my opinion . She replied back and said I had misrepresented the item And why had I cut the label out ? I replied saying no tags had been removed and my photos clearly show the labels intact clearly showing the sizing . She’s now left negative feedback saying I had removed the tags . My photos show that this is clearly untrue ! Can I do anything about this ? It’s only one negative , and I know it’s stupid, but I’m annoyed that she’s can write a blatant lie and get away with it , with no response back from me ! I would really appreciate your thoughts . Thank you

Comments

• jeffuk
    jeffuk Posts: 606 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can respond to feedback. Keep it calm, factual and to the point.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/viewing-responding-feedback-buyers?id=4103
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A similar thing happened to me. I listed curtain fabric with a link to the exact same fabric being sold in the shop. My picture and the shop picture looked exactly the same. My buyer accused me of sending the incorrect item, I asked her to send it back for a refund. She accused me of lying, miss-describing, deliberately sending the wrong fabric, telling me I should send the correct fabric, and on and on. Each time I just asked her to send it back. Eventually she did. It arrived when I was out and she accused me of refusing her delivery! I refunded her straight away. Altogether 38 messages!

On day 59 she left me a nasty negative. I rang ebay and they cancelled the negative straight away. The ebay rep said I had done everything possible and that as the photos showed I had clearly sent the correct fabric I would have won the case so they refunded the shipping label too.

For the record buyer had private feedback. She is blocked.

So it's worth the OP ringing ebay in the morning
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Healthynotwealthy
    Options
    Thanks so much for your responses - I have responded to the negative feedback and feel better for it
    Thanks again ��
  • Vernier
    Vernier Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2019 at 1:35PM
    Options
    For the record buyer had private feedback.

How can eBay possibly justify continuing to allow buyers to have private feedback, now that it is impossible for anyone else to see open feedback, other than the seller they are intending to do business with?

Most of them seem to be con-artists.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 May 2019 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Vernier wrote: »
    How can eBay possibly justify continuing to allow buyers to have private feedback, now that it is impossible for anyone else to see it, other than the seller they are intending to do business with?

Most of them seem to be con-artists.

My feedback is set to private. I am not a con artist. I buy a lot from ebay and have very rarely left negative feedback only when it is justified.

I am just a private person I don't like the idea of any random being able to look at what I have purchased much in the same way as I would be disgruntled if a stranger in the supermarket car park came over and starting looking in all my shopping bags. I understand this is better now as ebay have changed that you can't see the item bought but my settings were set up before this.

I am also fully aware that people have better things to do than search others ebay purchases :rotfl:but I can't help how I am you do get some odd people on the internet and if I want to keep my business private that is my right I shouldn't really have to justify it. It doesn't not make me an untrustworthy person.
  • Vernier
    Vernier Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I understand this is better now as ebay have changed that you can't see the item bought but my settings were set up before this.

So why not make your feedback non-private, and give sellers more confidence in dealing with you? If a 'private' bidder bids on one of my items I block them immediately. The problem is that it is impossible now to identify a private bidder until they actually bid!
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I am just a private person I don't like the idea of any random being able to look at what I have purchased much in the same way as I would be disgruntled if a stranger in the supermarket car park came over and starting looking in all my shopping bags.

I'm worse. When I've put my shopping on the conveyor I often catch the person behind me looking over it. Tempted to say Oi my eyes are UP HERE.

Then again I often look at other people's shopping in a judgmental way and my feedback is open to all, so that make me a huge hypocrite!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure