Car insurance taking 10 day to pay to fix it

Last Friday I damaged my car and I'm going on York on Friday. I got the car moved to the local main deal who also deals with Saga insurance. But Saga says they won't pay the garage for 10 days, therefore I wont have my car for my York holiday.

Is this 10 days wait normal?
Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring

Comments

• kelevraz
    kelevraz Posts: 192 Forumite
    zaax wrote: »
    Last Friday I damaged my car and I'm going on York on Friday. I got the car moved to the local main deal who also deals with Saga insurance. But Saga says they won't pay the garage for 10 days, therefore I wont have my car for my York holiday.

Is this 10 days wait normal?

Something like this will probably vary by insurer, normally best to check your policy docs.

Have you asked SAGA why they have to take 10 days??
  • Could you pay the garage yourself and then have Saga refund you?
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I wouldn't rush for repair - York's a place best visited by public transport to leave some space on the roads for locals :rotfl:
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wish I had've come by train, as the were 5 traffic jams on the way up (UK road network really needs improvement) but getting 20k suitcases across town would be impossible, anyway its too late for cheap train tickets.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Has the insurers repairer refused to let you have your car till their invoice is paid?
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    zaax wrote: »
    wish I had've come by train, as the were 5 traffic jams on the way up (UK road network really needs improvement) but getting 20k suitcases across town would be impossible, anyway its too late for cheap train tickets.
    Why have you taken 20 thousand suitcases?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure