Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NosyParking
    • By NosyParking 12th May 19, 9:11 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 17Thanks
    NosyParking
    ECP PCN after internal appeal
    • 12th May 19, 9:11 PM
    ECP PCN after internal appeal 12th May 19 at 9:11 PM
    Hi all, I have been reading through newbies thread and before I try to fight this PCN alone, like I did with the first internal appeal which failed. I was just looking for guidance on my next step.

I parked at a P&D car park in a retail park. My wife has recently been issued a blue badge and I "assumed" (I know right) this car park was free to blue badge holders, it always was before but it had changed hands and you need to enter VRN into payment machine. I simply did not even get a ticket.
    Now I know there is a blame on my part as I just sat in the vehicle while my daughter took my wife into the store.
    Anyway, on the PCN it showed the big sign and my enter and exit times along with my number plate. The sign is not facing the the entry and neither is the ticket machine, I have used google maps to drive around the carpark and we entered at the back of the sign. where we were parked adjacent to the store entrance was a layby marked disabled, there are small signs up which show the disabled logo. With small writing.

The bad news is that I already did the internal appeal, I gave my story of events and also that I was driving.
    I might add that I had previously parked there 5 days prior and received a letter "Polite notice" which said there was no penalty this time but next time there will be.
    Unfortunately for me I received this polite notice the day after I had parked there for the second time so was unaware of the charge to blue badge holders.
    If anyone has the time on google maps the carpark is Wrexham, Island Green. It seems fairly accurate.
    What is scaring me, is appealing to POPLA then losing, I read the Ms K and a few others but unsure as to which one I should be aiming to follow.
    Should I request SAR now or after POPLA appeal should it fail?
    I know you guys work for free and time is most important, I don't mean to waste your time or anything, I'm just looking to be 100% clear of my next move as I've messed up in the first instance with the internal appeal. (before I found this forum).
    Thank you in advance.
Page 2
    • NosyParking
    • By NosyParking 15th May 19, 9:53 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    NosyParking
    So, I emailed Asda, emailed my MP and contacted Savills (the land owner) after doing some digging.
    I initially emailed Savills in Cardiff, these are not emails as such, but a private message that you leave a brief enquiry and your contact details on. I had no reply from any of the above.

I then visited the main Savills web page for contact info and was able to send a message to The retail park regional manager. He called me and said he would cancel the charge if I send the parking charge notice via email or watts app, after I told him the genuine full story he said he would do this for me.
    No need to send BB or receipts. I have yet to receive confirmation that it is cancelled but he has put in the request to ECP already.

It goes to show that as a genuine customer the actual land owner will listen without the need to state the law (which I am not comfortable with), as you would with an appeal.
    I can not stress enough how contacting the land owner and being honest and open about an incident similar to mine could save hours or days of searching how best to defend yourself against these parking charges. I mean this in a common ground way rather than arguing a point trying to find flaws in the parking charge.

I am not totally out of the woods yet, until I get that confirmation but I am elated and confident as we stand now.
    I thank you Coupon-mad and Redx along with KeithP and TheDeep, if it was not for people like you I would have probably already caved in and paid the charge.
    All the information you have given and pointed out is very kind and duly of your free time, you can't put a price on that!

I must say to anybody reading this, the help is here BUT you must be willing to do some digging and use your own initiative at some stages. It is common courtesy to do so and should pay off in the end.

I will follow up once I get the confirmation email from Savills.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 19, 6:05 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I then visited the main Savills web page for contact info and was able to send a message to The retail park regional manager. He called me and said he would cancel the charge if I send the parking charge notice via email or watts app, after I told him the genuine full story he said he would do this for me.

No need to send BB or receipts. I have yet to receive confirmation that it is cancelled but he has put in the request to ECP already.

It goes to show that as a genuine customer the actual land owner will listen without the need to state the law
    Totally agree - a genuine complaint is priceless to get these cancelled and that's why we don't provide a 'landowner complaint template', because the best complaints are in your own style and from the heart.

Glad to hear it worked. Well done for persevering and seeing it off.

Once it is cancelled for sure, can you post in SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS ABOUT PPCS, with a link back to this thread, telling everyone who reads that link (it's in the NEWBIES thread at the start) who you beat, at which retail location, and who to contact if others are similarly scammed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • NosyParking
    • By NosyParking 16th May 19, 7:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    NosyParking
    Yes I will try to do that for you CM.
    I checked today by phoning the ECP payment line and it said my ticket was either paid or cancelled.
    I had trouble finding who owned the land, but on the sign (not every sign just the large one) near the payment machine it said in small writing at the lower corner it said "operating on behalf of Savills". That will be the land owner.
    BTW Asda emailed back and said they could not do anything for me, didn't even help one bit about the land owner either, very disappointing.
    Local MP Mr Ian Lucas didn't even reply.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 19, 9:10 PM
    • 22,461 Posts
    • 28,483 Thanks
    Redx
    SAVILLS have been good at getting tickets cancelled in the past because I have seen them mentioned numerous times over the years

as CM said, the best way of sorting out private parking tickets is a landowner or M.A. cancellation , there is NO better way , no easier solution , which is why its in that NEWBIES thread and the SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS thread

well done

ps:- you have learned a lot for the next time , if there is a next time , because these PPC,s are everywhere
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,550Posts Today

5,694Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin