Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 16th Apr 19, 11:10 AM
    • 5,879Posts
    • 27,785Thanks
    Slinky
    'Popular now'
    • 16th Apr 19, 11:10 AM
    'Popular now' 16th Apr 19 at 11:10 AM
    There's a listing on the right hand side of the forum of the supposedly popular subjects (in the last 15 minutes). I'm convinced this hasn't changed in years! If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist.

What purpose does this serve?
Page 1
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 18th Apr 19, 8:50 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 18th Apr 19, 8:50 AM
    • 18th Apr 19, 8:50 AM
    There's a listing on the right hand side of the forum of the supposedly popular subjects (in the last 15 minutes). I'm convinced this hasn't changed in years! If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist.

Originally posted by Slinky
    You appear to be using a very old forum skin - one that hasn't been supported for about 5 years

Please update as follows:
    User CP > Edit Options > Forum Skin > Use forum default (recommended)

Keep your eyes peeled, as there is reported to be an even newer redesign coming shortly.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 18th Apr 19, 9:56 AM
    • 5,879 Posts
    • 27,785 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 18th Apr 19, 9:56 AM
    • 18th Apr 19, 9:56 AM
    You appear to be using a very old forum skin - one that hasn't been supported for about 5 years

Keep your eyes peeled, as there is reported to be an even newer redesign coming shortly.
    Originally posted by PaschalFun

Will that give me the horrible blue version? You're right, I'm on traditional green at the moment.
    • stripeyfox
    • By stripeyfox 18th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    stripeyfox
    • 18th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    • 18th Apr 19, 10:04 AM
    the forum is pretty poor in design terms I think. Other forums I use are so much better at displaying unread content etc.

Hopefully a revamp will help!
    • J B
    • By J B 18th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    • 3,345 Posts
    • 1,216 Thanks
    J B
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:30 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:30 PM

Is that the one that about 90% of the users voted that they didn't like.

Stick with the easy to read green version is my advice.

Oh great - another 'improvement'

All I wish for is a 'raised eyebrows emoji'

PS - I've never noticed that 'popular now' thingy on the side as I never look at the stuff there.
    Last edited by J B; 18-04-2019 at 3:35 PM.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 18th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 4,395 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:37 PM
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:

I've always been on the blue skin since joining, I only became aware there were alternate versions when other posters mentioned they have additional functionality which I don't have.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 18th Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    • 6,538 Posts
    • 9,436 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    • 18th Apr 19, 3:56 PM
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:

I've always been on the blue skin since joining, I only became aware there were alternate versions when other posters mentioned they have additional functionality which I don't have.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I think new users where restricted to the blue skin where as existing users where allowed to choose. I still use the green one, its graphically less appealing but seems a lot better for reading and posting.
    Don't be angry!
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 20th Apr 19, 11:36 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 20th Apr 19, 11:36 AM
    • 20th Apr 19, 11:36 AM
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:....
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    It should be there. You joined about 9 months before me, and I see it

Profile >Your settings>Edit Options>Forum skin>New masthead, fixed width (recommended)

Dont' forget to save your changes!

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 20th Apr 19, 11:53 AM
    • 238 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 20th Apr 19, 11:53 AM
    • 20th Apr 19, 11:53 AM
    ...If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist....
    No.9 is here (at time of posting - the list is apparently updated every 15 mins):

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/

Report updated daily

Surprised you didn't see it in the list bearing in mind how 'easy to read' one of the above posters suggests the old, out of date, unsupported skin is
    (although they also say they never noticed the list at all whilst using that skin - perhaps they need to go to Specsavers? )
    Last edited by PaschalFun; Yesterday at 12:09 PM. Reason: Clarification of updates
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 20th Apr 19, 11:57 AM
    • 5,037 Posts
    • 5,797 Thanks
    robatwork
    I've tried 3 times to move skins... and always end up back on the green one.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 20th Apr 19, 12:20 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • Kered
    • By Kered 20th Apr 19, 1:03 PM
    • 3,430 Posts
    • 18,910 Thanks
    Kered

The same purpose as the photo above it where no-one in the photo still works for MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,466Posts Today

4,397Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin