Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • calltobala
    • By calltobala 15th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 4Thanks
    calltobala
    Hastings Direct No claim discount proof question
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:05 PM
    Hastings Direct No claim discount proof question 15th Apr 19 at 7:05 PM
    Hello Folks
    My Mrs. got 5 years NCD bonus as she had 5 years driving license as a bonus for multicar policy cover. In reality she was 4 years as added driver on my car and 1 year on her own car as a main policy holder. but E-Sure insurance group gave 4 extra years as a welcome bonus for having 2 policy in same property.

Now moving out of E-Sure due to very high renewal quotes . Got a new Hastings Direct insurance 23 days before start date. So far they never asked for any NCD proof. My policy is about to start in 5 days time. I caled hastings to confirm it,but they said not to send any proof letter about NCD unless the company asks for.

Could you please help me with the following question based on your experiences about NCD proof verification and Hastings experience.
    1) Can Hastings ask NCD proof after start date of policy or they won't ask for it?
    2) Can they accept 5 years as NCD or just 1 year?

Thanks
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 15th Apr 19, 7:51 PM
    • 5,796 Posts
    • 3,797 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:51 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 7:51 PM
    does she have proof of the 5years on her renewal notice? that will be the key
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 8:03 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:03 PM
    • 15th Apr 19, 8:03 PM
    What do esure say about both your NCD on their renewal notice?
    • calltobala
    • By calltobala 16th Apr 19, 12:54 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    calltobala
    • 16th Apr 19, 12:54 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 12:54 PM
    does she have proof of the 5years on her renewal notice? that will be the key
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    Thanks. I got their NCD letter for cancellation for renewal.
    It says ------"further to your recent request we can confirm that your insurance policy was cancelled from 19 April 2019 and that time of cancellation you were entitled to a No Claim discount of 5 years .

Is that valid as acceptance for new insurance company?
    • calltobala
    • By calltobala 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    calltobala
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    What do esure say about both your NCD on their renewal notice?
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have insurance with e-suree for next 10 months with 8 yrs NCD. But changing my wife insurance to new provider and they gave 5 yrs NCD for her on renewal cancellation letter.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:47 PM
    So to answer your original questions:

1) yes

2) All looks good now she has written proof of her 5 years NCD
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 17th Apr 19, 10:14 PM
    • 10,849 Posts
    • 20,472 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 17th Apr 19, 10:14 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 10:14 PM
    Hastings generally verify NCD electronically so if you hear nothing from them you don’t need to do anything else.
    If they need proof they will get in touch with you and request it.
    Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate; MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10/18, BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and DE100.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018 Our Civil Partnership planned for 15/02/20
    Miss you always JV
    Elle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,439Posts Today

4,101Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin