Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scoflo
    • By Scoflo 15th Apr 19, 11:28 AM
    • 316Posts
    • 217Thanks
    Scoflo
    CANVA for newsprint
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:28 AM
    CANVA for newsprint 15th Apr 19 at 11:28 AM
    Hi friends. :-)

I currently create all our ads via Canva. Its very good and does exactly what I want it to for social media & our website. I created an ad to go in a professional journal and it has been returned as not suitable. It states "unfortunately it is low res and the ink coverage is to high." [sic] I don't know how to convert the existing ad to make it suitable. My searching brings up photoshop [eek]. Can anyone tell me simply what to do?

Thanks, as always.
    Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want

Page 1
    • Scoflo
    • By Scoflo 16th Apr 19, 8:05 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    Scoflo
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:05 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:05 AM
    The exact wording is:

Please supply pass4press PDF via email.
    All PDFs must be high resolution (300dpi), CMYK with fonts
    embedded. We cannot be held responsible for colour content of
    any RGB files supplied.

If that's any help. :-(

• sparkermarketing
    • By sparkermarketing 16th Apr 19, 5:40 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    sparkermarketing
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:40 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:40 PM
    Are you downloading the Print Quality PDF version of the file? or the PNG image file? The PDF should be high enough quality (I have used this in the past for print publications).

Ink coverage too high, basically means that you have too many colours and not enough white space so you just need to amend that to meet whatever their requirement is.

Alternatively, the publication probably has a design department who can alter the file for you.
    • Scoflo
    • By Scoflo 17th Apr 19, 3:15 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    Scoflo
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:15 PM
    • 17th Apr 19, 3:15 PM
    Thank, that's very helpful. I suspect I didn't use the PDF to print in the past. Hopefully, this will circumvent the several emails I had in the past - they ended up doing it for me the last time!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,650Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin