Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 14th Apr 19, 1:45 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kanosam
    Disciplinary Letter
    • 14th Apr 19, 1:45 PM
    Disciplinary Letter 14th Apr 19 at 1:45 PM
    hi all,

i got a disciplinary results letter and i noticed that they got the wrong date of the hearing and also they got the wrong name of the note taker.
    is the letter still valid with those mistakes?

thanks
Page 1
    • CashlessCaruna
    • By CashlessCaruna 14th Apr 19, 1:51 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    CashlessCaruna
    • 14th Apr 19, 1:51 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 1:51 PM
    Do you mean is the outcome still valid even with the mistakes in the letter? I'd say yes but obviously you need to point out the mistakes. Should you decide to appeal the outcome or take further action, then you need to the letter and its contents to be factually correct.
    2 Savers Club for 2019 #11. Target = 250 by July
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 14th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    • 14th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 2:51 PM
    yes, i meant is the outcome still valid.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 14th Apr 19, 3:33 PM
    • 36,459 Posts
    • 47,003 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 14th Apr 19, 3:33 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 3:33 PM
    Yes, of course it is. It changes nothing .
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 6,274 Posts
    • 6,969 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 4:53 PM
    Yes the outcome is valid, but they do need to re-issue the notification with the correct dates. However, it does make you wonder about the whole process if they get such basic facts wrong.
    • Les79
    • By Les79 14th Apr 19, 5:00 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    Les79
    • 14th Apr 19, 5:00 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 5:00 PM
    yes, i meant is the outcome still valid.
    Originally posted by kanosam
    There's an off chance that it was intended for someone else.

Query it and see what they say.
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 14th Apr 19, 10:40 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:40 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:40 PM
    thanks everyone for your reply.
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 14th Apr 19, 10:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:58 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:58 PM
    if the main witness broke down and admitted lying on the original statement.
    can the person doing the disciplinary withhold that and carry on regardless?
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 15th Apr 19, 6:43 AM
    • 6,274 Posts
    • 6,969 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:43 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 6:43 AM
    if the main witness broke down and admitted lying on the original statement.
    can the person doing the disciplinary withhold that and carry on regardless?

If the ONLY witness admitted lying then there would be no case to answer, but you say the 'main witness' which suggests there was also other evidence. That being the case then they can carry on.
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 15th Apr 19, 7:05 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    TELLIT01,

thank you very much!
    the "main witness" was the person involved in the alleged incident..., that's what i meant to say.
    they said i was in the area when the incident happened but then admitted that i arrived 10 mins after.

i wasn't offered to see any CCTV evidence either. i din't see any statements from anyone else either.
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 15th Apr 19, 7:18 AM
    • 7,223 Posts
    • 9,462 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    If new evidence has come to light then you may be able to appeal the original decision, if you are within the time allowed.
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 15th Apr 19, 7:26 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    TBagpuss,

unfortunately, i missed the deadline, this was the first disciplinary i've been in and my head was allover the place as i knew i did nothing wrong.
    i've been told i could take a grievance out on the grounds of his dishonesty??? knowing about the new evidence but carrying on regardless.
    • Takeaway_Addict
    • By Takeaway_Addict 15th Apr 19, 7:57 AM
    • 6,002 Posts
    • 6,975 Thanks
    Takeaway_Addict
    TBagpuss,

unfortunately, i missed the deadline, this was the first disciplinary i've been in and my head was allover the place as i knew i did nothing wrong.
    i've been told i could take a grievance out on the grounds of his dishonesty??? knowing about the new evidence but carrying on regardless.
    I'd ask for them to hear the appeal- they may have certain time periods but if they refused to hear it and you took it further they may be deemed unreasonable.

If they don't hear the appeal then look at raising a grievance
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 15th Apr 19, 12:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    thank you everybody!
    great forum by the way.
    i've learnt a lot by reading the posts over the past day. i've also learnt how dishonest some managers can be! i'll definitely be raising a grievance..
    • Masomnia
    • By Masomnia 15th Apr 19, 5:53 PM
    • 17,820 Posts
    • 39,664 Thanks
    Masomnia
    I'd definitely appeal. Even if you are out of time if there is new evidence then really they should consider it.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. - P.G. Wodehouse
    • Exodi
    • By Exodi 18th Apr 19, 1:51 PM
    • 490 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Exodi
    hi all,

i got a disciplinary results letter and i noticed that they got the wrong date of the hearing and also they got the wrong name of the note taker.
    is the letter still valid with those mistakes?

thanks
    It's actually quite the coincidence you ask that because I have some real life experience that may help.

A few years ago, I was a bit of a bad egg. I'd been messed around a lot in relationships and began to be emotionless towards partners (not good I know). This all changed when I met 'her' (let's call her Sarah) - she was different to all the rest, and it's almost like I instantly knew she was the person I was going to grow old with.

Things went from strength to strength with Sarah and she began to break down my walls, piece by piece. We were going strong for a few years but eventually, I have to admit, I started to take her for granted. One particular night, I came home after a hard days work and asked for a sandwich. We had tins of tuna in the cupboard so she obediently went and brought me one. I took one bite into this sandwich I'd be fantasising about (for most of the day!) and was horrified to feel brine running down my chin... in her hast she hadn't drained the tuna.... who does that?!

I was actually so angry I waited till she went to bed, covered the sofas in lighter fluid and set them alight. I actually stood outside and watched the house burn to the ground with her inside it.

Within minutes the fire service and police arrived and I was immediately detained for questioning. I was kept in custody until the hearing and stood before the judge as the prosecution spoke: "The defendant burned the property to the ground all due to a chicken sandwich not being to his liking, he is a murderer and should serve life in prison". The judge looked over to me with raised eyebrows and asked if there was anything I'd like to add before he casts his judgement.

A grin spread from ear to ear... "Yes your honour", I confidently started, "there is something I'd like to add....... it was Tuna, not Chicken". There was a silence around the courtroom. The prosecutor started to cry. The judge raised his eyebrows even higher and immediately ruled "as the sandwich was Tuna and not Chicken, all charges shall be dropped and he shall walk free."

Back on topic, obviously the disciplinary is still valid.
    Know what you don't
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th Apr 19, 3:48 PM
    • 22,409 Posts
    • 18,427 Thanks
    agrinnall

Back on topic, obviously the disciplinary is still valid.
    Originally posted by Exodi

Some people have too much time on their hands !
    • kanosam
    • By kanosam 18th Apr 19, 9:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kanosam
    yeah but i get it...,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

503Posts Today

5,184Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin