Disciplinary Letter

Options
2»

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    kanosam wrote: »
    TBagpuss,

unfortunately, i missed the deadline, this was the first disciplinary i've been in and my head was allover the place as i knew i did nothing wrong.
    i've been told i could take a grievance out on the grounds of his dishonesty??? knowing about the new evidence but carrying on regardless.

I'd ask for them to hear the appeal- they may have certain time periods but if they refused to hear it and you took it further they may be deemed unreasonable.

If they don't hear the appeal then look at raising a grievance
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • kanosam
    kanosam Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    thank you everybody!
    great forum by the way.
    i've learnt a lot by reading the posts over the past day. i've also learnt how dishonest some managers can be! i'll definitely be raising a grievance..
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd definitely appeal. Even if you are out of time if there is new evidence then really they should consider it.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kanosam wrote: »
    hi all,

i got a disciplinary results letter and i noticed that they got the wrong date of the hearing and also they got the wrong name of the note taker.
    is the letter still valid with those mistakes?

thanks

It's actually quite the coincidence you ask that because I have some real life experience that may help.

A few years ago, I was a bit of a bad egg. I'd been messed around a lot in relationships and began to be emotionless towards partners (not good I know). This all changed when I met 'her' (let's call her Sarah) - she was different to all the rest, and it's almost like I instantly knew she was the person I was going to grow old with.

Things went from strength to strength with Sarah and she began to break down my walls, piece by piece. We were going strong for a few years but eventually, I have to admit, I started to take her for granted. One particular night, I came home after a hard days work and asked for a sandwich. We had tins of tuna in the cupboard so she obediently went and brought me one. I took one bite into this sandwich I'd be fantasising about (for most of the day!) and was horrified to feel brine running down my chin... in her hast she hadn't drained the tuna.... who does that?!

I was actually so angry I waited till she went to bed, covered the sofas in lighter fluid and set them alight. I actually stood outside and watched the house burn to the ground with her inside it.

Within minutes the fire service and police arrived and I was immediately detained for questioning. I was kept in custody until the hearing and stood before the judge as the prosecution spoke: "The defendant burned the property to the ground all due to a chicken sandwich not being to his liking, he is a murderer and should serve life in prison". The judge looked over to me with raised eyebrows and asked if there was anything I'd like to add before he casts his judgement.

A grin spread from ear to ear... "Yes your honour", I confidently started, "there is something I'd like to add....... it was Tuna, not Chicken". There was a silence around the courtroom. The prosecutor started to cry. The judge raised his eyebrows even higher and immediately ruled "as the sandwich was Tuna and not Chicken, all charges shall be dropped and he shall walk free."

Back on topic, obviously the disciplinary is still valid.
    Know what you don't
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exodi wrote: »

Back on topic, obviously the disciplinary is still valid.

Some people have too much time on their hands :D!
  • kanosam
    kanosam Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    yeah but i get it...,:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business