Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cannyscot1
    • By Cannyscot1 13th Apr 19, 3:19 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cannyscot1
    Problems with Energy Saving Club Cashback Payments
    • 13th Apr 19, 3:19 PM
    Problems with Energy Saving Club Cashback Payments 13th Apr 19 at 3:19 PM
    Hello, My wife and I switched via the Money Saving Energy Club to EDF online exclusive back in September 18.: However despite numerous emails to the club we have still not received the 25 for our dual tarriff switch.
    The last response was in March and we were told it was being chased with Moneysupermarket however that was the last we heard and no replies to chase emails. Has anyone else had problems receiving their cashback or being unable to get a response from the Energy Club.? Worked fine in previous years. Can anyone suggest next steps or as 7 months elapsed can someone from MSE investigate. Thanks
Page 1
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 13th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 13th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    • 13th Apr 19, 5:18 PM
    Hello, My wife and I switched via the Money Saving Energy Club to EDF online exclusive back in September 18.: However despite numerous emails to the club we have still not received the 25 for our dual tarriff switch.
    The last response was in March and we were told it was being chased with Moneysupermarket however that was the last we heard and no replies to chase emails. Has anyone else had problems receiving their cashback or being unable to get a response from the Energy Club.? Worked fine in previous years. Can anyone suggest next steps or as 7 months elapsed can someone from MSE investigate. Thanks
    Originally posted by Cannyscot1
    Please refer to MAJOR cashback safety rule No.1 in the MSE article here:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites/
    • Cannyscot1
    • By Cannyscot1 14th Apr 19, 9:11 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cannyscot1
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:11 AM
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:11 AM
    Thanks PaschalFun, of course Cashback is always a bonus and never guaranteed. However in this instance it is MSE own Cheap Energy Club who are promoting Cashback incentive for Switching and then failing to respond when things go wrong. MSE receive a referral fee when Cashback is paid. I wondered if any others had experienced this issue with cheap energy club and wanted to give them opportunity to respond through this forum thread as they have been unable to respond to my emails on this matter.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Apr 19, 9:35 AM
    • 12,140 Posts
    • 5,467 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:35 AM
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:35 AM
    Nope i always got cashback from MSEC .
    • The Fat Controller
    • By The Fat Controller 14th Apr 19, 11:41 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    The Fat Controller
    • 14th Apr 19, 11:41 AM
    • 14th Apr 19, 11:41 AM
    I switched in August 2018, still waiting for my cashback, however emailing the CEC has resulted in confirmation that it is due and will be paid shortly..
    I think they had a lot of switches around Aug/Sep last year which has resulted in a backlog.
    • The Fat Controller
    • By The Fat Controller 16th Apr 19, 6:29 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    The Fat Controller
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:29 AM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:29 AM
    Switched 22 August 2018

Cashback paid 16 April 2018

This was for a switch with the same supplier (EDF) to a tariff only available via comparison sites.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,824Posts Today

7,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin