Lloyds, Halifax and MBNA account closure

Options

Comments

• brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    To provide some clarity. How many bank accounts do you have?

If you are using the accounts to obtain incentives by moving the same monies around and around. Then understandable why LLoyds Banking Group has called time on your activities. Not illegal, but against the spirit in which they were intended. Why would any bank want a customer that costs them money. A business isn't a charity.
    If they can detect such customers there is no reason why they should not tell the customer. Doing so would avoid the bank wasting everybodys time.
    It would also appear to be in the banks interest as they might well avoid having to pay a significant charge to the FOS.
  • KJSmith
    KJSmith Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    It is possible for the decision to be appealed in the branch - it doesn't even have to be a manager that does it. However, the staff member would have to support an appeal and then forward this to the relevant department to review. You might have to provide an adequate explanation and possibly evidence to explain your account activity.

Maybe the branch staff did not support an appeal in this case. Perhaps they didn't tell you this as, quite frankly, it's a difficult conversation to have and it's easier to tell you nothing can be done.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    lopsyfa wrote: »
    I am telling Fibs? Then explain to me why a senior manager on phone offered the £70 (which has been paid). The branch may not make the decision but the senior manager called said there is a process where I can provide explanation of whatever caused the issue. And I have read cases of this online. How can you just accuse someone of telling Fibs without any explanation and not knowing the full details?

They have paid you £70 for you to go away - that's all.
    The process is in the letter - you had to phone them.
  • lopsyfa
    lopsyfa Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They have paid you £70 for you to go away - that's all.
    The process is in the letter - you had to phone them.

I’ll explain it again, the £70 was for incorrect information by the staffs in the branches. The two branches will be educated and they will call me back on when I can go in for the appeal. While will the person handling my complaint about misinformation give me wrong information again to settle the case.

There is nothing for me to gain by coming here to tell lies or fibs.
  • lopsyfa
    lopsyfa Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2019 at 4:27PM
    Options
    All these is just a guess though as it could have been something else.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    Options
    .......... I said “I have had an account that I opened in 2009 since 2009”. .........

The above is a fib, you never said that. What you said was:
    '1 club Lloyds have had since 2009' which is factually incorrect.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Therefore, for example if I want to pay £1000 from account A to account B, I will transfer the £1000 to my Lloyds and then pay the £1000 to B from account A. The money will then move back in the opposite direction. So to Lloyds, I have received £2000 and paid out £2000. If I do this 4 times a month, it will look like I am moving lots of money. Whereas if I have setup account B and A to transfer directly, it will have been better..
    The bank indeed might be concerned if you move amounts much larger than your income through your accounts on regular basis.

I would check all CRA files, just in case there is more mess.
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    These are not large amounts. I had conversation with Lloyds customer service person in India once, who thought I'm hiding my income, because I get 10K into the account per month, so where do I get it from. She couldn't understand it was money moved between saving and current account, when needed.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If they can detect such customers there is no reason why they should not tell the customer. Doing so would avoid the bank wasting everybodys time.

I'm sure the customers themselves are fully aware of what they are doing. Why should a bank waste valuable resource on such an activity. If you were a shareholder of said bank (i.e. through your pension). You'd expect the bank to operate in an efficient manner.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Therefore, for example if I want to pay £1000 from account A to account B, I will transfer the £1000 to my Lloyds and then pay the £1000 to B from account A. The money will then move back in the opposite direction. So to Lloyds, I have received £2000 and paid out £2000. If I do this 4 times a month, it will look like I am moving lots of money. Whereas if I have setup account B and A to transfer directly, it will have been better.

With what aim? i.e. to save monthly account fees by meeting minimum paying in requirements or receive account incentives.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure