Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goater14
    • By goater14 10th Apr 19, 1:43 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    goater14
    Company in liquidation, redundancy pay and notice period pay
    • 10th Apr 19, 1:43 PM
    Company in liquidation, redundancy pay and notice period pay 10th Apr 19 at 1:43 PM
    Hi the company I was employed with have gone into liquidation.
    When we returned our company vehicles to our office we were informed that the liquidators would be in touch within a couple of days with advice about claiming redundancy etc.
    It is nearly 2 weeks and still have had no contact with the liquidators nor have the other staff who worked for the company, not sure who I can contact to get advice as I need a CN? number to claim back redundancy pay and outstanding holiday pay etc.
    Also not sure if I can claim for my notice period which have been told is 12 weeks as have been employed by the company for 26 years, with the notice period if I return to work within 12 weeks am I still entitled to it ?
    Sorry for the long winded post but this is all new to me as never been through this before.
    Regards Simon
Page 1
    • goater14
    • By goater14 16th Apr 19, 2:50 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    goater14
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:50 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 2:50 PM
    Hi all just a update,
    Managed to speak to the company accountants who told me the company has not yet appointed a liquidator, so not sure where I stand as we were all informed by email that the company has gone into liquidation on 29/3/19.
    Does that mean until the liquidator is appointed am I still employed by the company and if I say return to employment tommorow will I then not be entitled to redundancy as the company has not yet gone into liquidation?
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 16th Apr 19, 3:36 PM
    • 11,756 Posts
    • 10,186 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:36 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:36 PM
    Are you saying that you have stayed away from work because you decided to or you were told not to attend by your employer?
    • goater14
    • By goater14 16th Apr 19, 5:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    goater14
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:59 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 5:59 PM
    Was told not to attend. Was told to stop all works by 4.00pm on 29/03/19 as the company will cease trading then,and to return company vehicles on the Monday.
    Have all this on a email, which I have kept a copy of.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

482Posts Today

5,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin