PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 25th March 2019

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 25 March 2019 at 7:28AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 25th March 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, and those that are poorly or are looking after poorly people x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dry and bright but chilly start to the day here, but forecast says another reasonable day. I got 2 lines of washing line dried yesterday, I'll check to see if I have enough to make another load to peg out before leaving for work.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and I'm showered and dressed, and eating my brekkie and drinking my first cuppa whilst on here. DS1 still all ok.

Yesterday we had a late lunch of egg and bacon sandwiches, then roast pork with roasties, mash, pan fried cabbage, carrots, broc, swede, yorkshires and gravy for dinner at 5pm. Tonight will be either fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg or sausage, egg, beans and chips/jacket potato.

We went out to visit the antiques shop not to far away from home, was nice to get out for a while, nice place and not stupid prices, we'll definitely visit again.

Back to work today, expecting it to start being busier now - we'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Looks fairly bright out this morning, hopefully we won't have the showers of yesterday, they were heavy.

Bedroom finished, just the bed to finish off, it looks so much better now. DS1 coming after work to dismantle and take the wardrobe, the rest of the furniture will have to wait here until he can come back.

I had a lovely catch up with Gers yesterday for a coffee, made a very welcome break from the decorating.

Hope everyone is well, take care. XX
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC for starting us off. A beautiful morning with blue sky and sunshine which is forecast to stay with us all day.

Yesterday ended up a very lazy day with feet up either reading or catching up on some tv progs I had recorded. I had my sliced beef in gravy for lunch as planned and did enough veg for leftovers today. Sadly no more sliced beef left in the freezer but lots of other bits and pieces to choose from.

I am debating with myself whether I can make the effort to head off to Leeds today for some new bras from M & S. It's 20 miles away but I have had no luck finding the sort I like locally so needs must. Just hope it's worth the trek and I get what I am looking for! I shall never forgive M & S for closing our store!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely and take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning

What a gorgeous start to the day ...perfect blue sky and the big yellow ball is back :)

Sat in my usual car park in Manchester ready for todays course. Left at 5.40 and it was light :j what a difference a week makes. Next week an hour earlier too.

Ham salad sandwiches for later...resisting now but that wont last. My flask of coffee is a life saver. Posh fish finger ciabatta later then that will be those finished ...this freezer lark continues.

Havent seen nanny for a few days hope all is well with her and Mr Fix it

Have a great day all
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,030 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning folks.

It's a lovely morning,such a contrast to Sunday.

My overnight stay at home felt very strange, almost as if I were at a holiday cottage. Anyway it was lovely to be there even though I'd forgotten how cold my place is. I'm getting too used to the central heating of DM's house.

On the way I had a pit stop with Camelot for a soothing chat which perked me up. Thanks x

Today I've got a couple of chores to get done before going visiting.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Happy Monday.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Its a lovely bright day here really beautiful, shame I am off to work :o it was sooooo busy at work yesterday we did not stop all day , I was completly shattered when I got in and it reminds me why I dont like working weekends !!

Dinner tonight might be some stuffed pasta we bought stuffed with truffle and some garlic bread ciabattas, or pie and new potaotes and veg will see what we feel like tonight.

Need to do a wash tonight and have a sweep through.

DP I am glad the baby is getting on ok she sounds like a lovely little thing xx

Have goos days all xx
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning and it's another nice day.

Gers and Camelot, nice that you can meet up

OL, sorry to hear your days started with a bust up.

TA, I like M&S bras as well, I go to an outlet a few miles away. I've never been to Leeds for years and years, but I know it's a good shopping centre. Hope you get what you want if you do go.

We went over to the caravan storage yesterday and paid our rental. Didn't do anything in the van, but we'll have to in the next week. We're going away in the first week in April for a few days, our first jaunt of the year.

The rest of the day was spent just pottering really. I tried a J*mie Oliver recipe for smoked haddock chowder for tea - it was very nice, but I was hungry by 9o'clock, and had a ham sandwich. Dh found it enough, but he doesn't eat as much as me I don't think.

I've got an appointment with the nurse at the doctors' at 5pm, she's going to have another go at syringing my ears. I hope it works this time, my skull must be awash with olive oil. I'm not quite as deaf as I was, but hey ho. Hopefully I'll soon be back in the world of the hearing!! Well, with my hearing aids - I can't use them at the minute.

Thinking of the sad and poorly - Poppy, Holly, Mr Gintot and Snoozer's Steve, Gers mum, and others who are havung a hard time .

Take care folks
  • Good morning,

A lovely bright and blue-skied morning in Manchester.

This weekend I had my DM and SD over. They arrived on Friday and will lock up today. We had a busy yet relaxing weekend which was just what the doctor ordered after a hectic week in work. We visited two local markets, some local shopping, the dreaded Trafford Centre, a tour around the Manchester City Stadium and a Thai restaurant for a beautiful meal.

My spending wasn't through the roof by any manner of means, although I did buy a coat for £52 (which was down from £180) but that was needed. And with my travels to London and Basel last week, most of it on expenses, I'm all over the place with YNAB and my NSD's. Need to wait for the bank to catch up on Tuesday and start again.

I also need to start again with the healthy eating/exercising. My weekend was far from healthy, beers, currys, chips, sticky toffee pudding, cakes, cookies etc, which as you will all know, is unlike me. My DM also brought me 3 x easter eggs!! So I've still lots of temptation in the house for the week ahead. Anyway, yoga tonight will put me back on track.

SR - Where are you thinking of going in the caravan?
  • SR it must have been a weekend for paying caravan fees! I wrote a cheque out for our site fees etc which are due by the end of the month. I will post that off today - with tears in my eyes!! I really don't think I will want to go and stay on my own so next year it will be up to DD to pay them if she decides to keep it on. She says if I go and stay with them when they are there I will find it easier. Nice thought but by heck it would be a bit of a squash - not to mention chaotic!

Ready and waiting for the first bus to town that I can travel free on. Then it's onwards to Leeds. It's not my favourite pastime wandering round busy city centres so it will be straight to the big M & S then back home again. Just hope it will be worth the effort! I could have ordered online but too tight to pay the postage!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    It's another bright and sunny morning here. I didn't sleep very well again so a nana nap is definitely on the cards later.

We are having salmon for tea tonight done in a tandoori marinade. I am not sure what to have it with yet, I think probably a salad of some sort as the veg drawer is chockablock.

I really don't have anything interesting to say so I hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing. Take care xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,hope you've all had a nice weekend.Its lovely here but a bit of a chilly wind.Yesterday our nice neighbours borrowed our pressure washer for the back,then DH decided to do ours before putting it away,and also cleaned the glass roof in the dining part of the kitchen- what a difference :o

DSons are going abroad on a stag do on Wednesday,and there is 'stuff' lying around in readiness - i might leave having a good tidy until they've gone,especially as DGC are coming Tues instead of Wed :D
    I've had an allergic reaction to something I've eaten recently,my face is all red,and blotchy and itchy.No idea what though!
    Must get something out to defrost for tea. Might pop up the road to see Auntie in a bit,apart from that nothing planned, although you have given me ideas Camelot ;) - my dressing table badly needs painting again .
    Hope you all have a lovely day xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure