Direct Payment Budget Amounts?

Options
Hello,

Does anyone get direct payments? If so what local authority and how many hours/costs of care and support do you get?

If you have had it for many years does the number of hours go up with you requiring more support because of deteriorating health?

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,991 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My daughter receives direct payments and a personal budget but how you can possibly compare someone else with another person i really don't know.
  • whambam
    whambam Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    It's just to get a fair idea.

they told me to apply for more hours which i was surprised. I thought getting 5 hours was hard enough or even getting an extra hour on top of your current package.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,991 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    whambam wrote: »
    It's just to get a fair idea.
    Impossible to get any fair ideas from anyone else. I certainly wouldn't disclose any personal details about my daughter or what local council i am on an internet forum.
  • nicetomeetyou
    nicetomeetyou Posts: 310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2019 at 11:26PM
    Options
    My local social services department are constantly reducing packages and if your not under 117 aftercare or your package is paid for by NHS continuing care you are expected to pay a contribution towards your care package out your benefits, you will have to set up a direct debit to pay contribution.

This means the person I live with has to make a weekly contribution of £82.22.. They take into account all your income not just DLA/PIP, apart from mobility allowance

This is a new thing social services are doing. It's only the last year I know of that social services starting to charge people with learning disabilities/mental health/autism for support or day centres.. They have done for the elderly but this is new for this group

I know many people who have had their care packages reduced too, one from 22 hours a week to 6 hours a week. They are also incorporating many people in shared supported housing individual hours into shared hours meaning they now have to share staff between 4 people.

Its sucks.
  • whambam
    whambam Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    My heart goes out to you guys.

In Scotland, different local authorities have different rules and attitudes you could move to another authority if its possible and you may get a better service and hours required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure