Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neenmay
    • By Neenmay 14th Feb 19, 9:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Neenmay
    0 WOW
    Valentines day restaurant prices
    • 14th Feb 19, 9:26 PM
    0 WOW
    Valentines day restaurant prices 14th Feb 19 at 9:26 PM
    Just been out for a meal with my brother who is over from America. Booked a restaurant a while ago as wanted to have a plan in place for his visit. An all you can
    Eat buffet. Yes it happened to to Valentine’s Day but that’s clearly not the reason we are out!. No mention anywhere of a Valentine’s Day price increase until the bill arrived. Tiny print saying meal was a ‘valentines special’ and the price quoted was £3 per person higher than normal. Can restaurants do this without advertising the prices change for that day?
Page 1
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 14th Feb 19, 9:28 PM
    • 10,199 Posts
    • 15,849 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 14th Feb 19, 9:28 PM
    • 14th Feb 19, 9:28 PM
    They can charge what ever they like.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • SSUPER
    • By SSUPER 14th Feb 19, 10:09 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    SSUPER
    • 14th Feb 19, 10:09 PM
    • 14th Feb 19, 10:09 PM
    If you are dolly dimple enough to buy into this rubbish, then, I have nothing to say really. Superstores are turrning this into Halloween.
    • Neenmay
    • By Neenmay 14th Feb 19, 10:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Neenmay
    • 14th Feb 19, 10:22 PM
    • 14th Feb 19, 10:22 PM
    That’s my point SSUPER. I don’t buy into it. I wasn’t out on a valentines date. So not sure why I’m paying more when it wasn’t advertised or mentioned anywhere.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 15th Feb 19, 8:36 AM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 13,346 Thanks
    NBLondon
    • 15th Feb 19, 8:36 AM
    • 15th Feb 19, 8:36 AM
    If the price wasn't displayed at all when you walked into the restaurant or on the menu - then I think you would have questioned them. if the regular price was displayed and you weren't told on arriving or taking a seat that it was a special menu at a special price then I think you had a case for only paying the displayed price. If a price was agreed in the booking then you definitely have a case for only paying that price.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

295Posts Today

1,319Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin