5 new boiler quotes

Options
martin2345uk
martin2345uk Posts: 907 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 10 January 2019 at 9:25PM in Is this quote fair?
Okay, so I have been getting some quotes to replace our Range Powermax boiler with a nice new combi... I looked at British Gas (just for the lulz), BOXT and then 3 local firms...

1. British Gas
Worcester Greenstar 32CDi Compact
Total: £4,103 (AFTER a £420 discount :T)

2. BOXT
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i
£1,970

3. Range Heating
Vaillant 28kW
£2,120

4. South Manchester Heating
Worcester Bosch 30i
£2,380

5. Douglas Heating
Baxi 630 - £1,635, OR
Vaillant Pro 28 - £1,835

These all include drilling outside to connect a condensing pipe to an existing drainpipe as our current boiler isn't condensing.
They also include system cleansing and system filter etc.

Apart from the first one, do these look reasonable?

Edit: should maybe add it's a 3 bed semi-detached, with a main bathroom and an ensuite (we only ever use the ensuite).

Comments

• basiluk
    basiluk Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    You have good prices for the work - I would recommend Worcester Bosch.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had a Worcester Bosch 30i Greenstar supplied and fitted last Feb by E.On Energy, removed old boiler and tanks in the loft (except the asbestos cement one), made good all old pipes etc, we paid £2,800 all in, and it was over 3 years interest free credit (so the interest was added already I'm guessing).

The fitter was a Gas Safe contractor who said he'd probably charge £1,500 max for the work, plus £1,000 for the boiler so it could of been done for £2,500 I guess

We are very happy with it, and with the price. We are in Essex just north of London.
  • Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just had a quote of £2600 for a Worcester bosh 29cdi classic combi boiler to be fitted from scratch (not a replacement) I am only needing it for the hot water at the moment but 1 radiator has to be fitted for 'flush back'.
    All existing pipes and tank to be reviewed and replaced as required (not tank).
    I get a 10 year warranty on the boiler and parts & labour included, job to be completed in a single day.

I am reasonably happy with the price quoted, I am in Scotland.
  • martin2345uk
    Options
    One additional question guys - and thanks for the replies - when getting something like this done, how should you expect to pay? Half upfront, half on completion? More? Less?
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One additional question guys - and thanks for the replies - when getting something like this done, how should you expect to pay? Half upfront, half on completion? More? Less?

As mine was interest free credit, its a bit different. But I'd expect to pay for the whole job once its completed personally, just on case you pay for the boiler up front, and the fitter doesnt turn up
  • Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I paid for mine in full 2 days after the work was completed just to make sure there were no problems after the plumber had left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure