Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 1st Jan 19, 11:54 AM
    • 2,172Posts
    • 2,179Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Is Ofgem just useless?
    • 1st Jan 19, 11:54 AM
    Is Ofgem just useless? 1st Jan 19 at 11:54 AM
    The recent approval of moving One Select customers to Together Energy shows a complete lack of due diligence. A quick browse through Trust Pilot shows that 36% of customers give them the lowest rating of "bad".

Nine out of the last ten reviews are negative:

Awful
    Don't bother with this company unless you want hassle
    together joke
    Never ever EVER sign up to this company!
    Shambolic Energy Business.
    Poor Customer Service
    Taking money, no correspondence and hard to close the account
    Worried ex One Select Customer...
    Account never closed, still receiving emails, bills and spam letters

Now I'm not a fan of review sites and don't trust them, but the evidence here seems clear that they will not be able to cope with thousands of new customers. They cannot get their billing sorted for existing customers. I would love to know what criteria Ofgem used to select Together Energy.
    Je suis sabot...
Page 1
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Jan 19, 12:08 PM
    • 5,461 Posts
    • 2,429 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 1st Jan 19, 12:08 PM
    • 1st Jan 19, 12:08 PM
    Have to agree; as an ex OneSelect customer,communications have been poor - after 3 emails in 3 days at the start, there has been zilch since 17th December. I know it's Xmas but a brief update would have been welcome.

As to your Q re OFGEM - I vote worse than useless!!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 1st Jan 19, 12:45 PM
    • 13,228 Posts
    • 18,280 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 1st Jan 19, 12:45 PM
    • 1st Jan 19, 12:45 PM
    In a word: yes.

In more than a word: definitely, yes.

They don't interact with consumers (unless they absolutely have to), and are worse than Youtube and Valve put together at dealing with problems in the industry, not to mention their changes to make the marker "fairer" and "more competitive" that backfire harder than Musk's Hyperloop.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Sligo Smokey
    • By Sligo Smokey 12th Jan 19, 7:29 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Sligo Smokey
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:29 PM
    what bloody good is Ofgem????
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:29 PM
    I've been asking Economy Energy (EE) for 4 months for a refund of my £436 Direct Debit over-payments. ON 7TH September 2018 EE said they would be refunding it within 21 days. Such LIARS.

I have also been trying to secure a refund for gas used during a burst water valve in my attic, which happened while we were away from home for the day. EE claimed not to have my gas online meter readings, (and all of them have been removed from my online account!!!!) yet all the readings for electricity, submitted on the exact same days as the gas meter readings, are still there for all to see. HOW COME??????????????)

NOW EE IS BUST AND i'M THE LOSER, TWICE OVER.

Ofgem are a spineless watchdog. I have been unable to submit this complaint on their website.
    Last edited by Sligo Smokey; 12-01-2019 at 9:20 PM.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 13th Jan 19, 10:05 AM
    • 16,625 Posts
    • 23,552 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:05 AM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:05 AM

Ofgem are a spineless watchdog. I have been unable to submit this complaint on their website.
    Originally posted by Sligo Smokey
    Of course not.

Ofgem donít have a direct role in dealing with individual disputes between customers and energy suppliers.

Complaints go to the Energy Ombudsman
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/complain-about-your-gas-or-electricity-bill-or-supplier

Hope that helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

919Users online

Martin's Twitter