Is Ofgem just useless?

Hoof_Hearted
Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
The recent approval of moving One Select customers to Together Energy shows a complete lack of due diligence. A quick browse through Trust Pilot shows that 36% of customers give them the lowest rating of "bad".

Nine out of the last ten reviews are negative:

Awful
Don't bother with this company unless you want hassle
together joke
Never ever EVER sign up to this company!
Shambolic Energy Business.
Poor Customer Service
Taking money, no correspondence and hard to close the account
Worried ex One Select Customer...
Account never closed, still receiving emails, bills and spam letters

Now I'm not a fan of review sites and don't trust them, but the evidence here seems clear that they will not be able to cope with thousands of new customers. They cannot get their billing sorted for existing customers. I would love to know what criteria Ofgem used to select Together Energy.
Je suis sabot...

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have to agree; as an ex OneSelect customer,communications have been poor - after 3 emails in 3 days at the start, there has been zilch since 17th December. I know it's Xmas but a brief update would have been welcome.

As to your Q re OFGEM - I vote worse than useless!!
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    In a word: yes.

In more than a word: definitely, yes.

They don't interact with consumers (unless they absolutely have to), and are worse than Youtube and Valve put together at dealing with problems in the industry, not to mention their changes to make the marker "fairer" and "more competitive" that backfire harder than Musk's Hyperloop.
  • Sligo_Smokey
    Sligo_Smokey Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2019 at 10:20PM
    I've been asking Economy Energy (EE) for 4 months for a refund of my £436 Direct Debit over-payments. ON 7TH September 2018 EE said they would be refunding it within 21 days. Such LIARS.

I have also been trying to secure a refund for gas used during a burst water valve in my attic, which happened while we were away from home for the day. EE claimed not to have my gas online meter readings, (and all of them have been removed from my online account!!!!) yet all the readings for electricity, submitted on the exact same days as the gas meter readings, are still there for all to see. HOW COME??????????????)

NOW EE IS BUST AND i'M THE LOSER, TWICE OVER.

Ofgem are a spineless watchdog. I have been unable to submit this complaint on their website.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite

Ofgem are a spineless watchdog. I have been unable to submit this complaint on their website.

Of course not.

Ofgem don’t have a direct role in dealing with individual disputes between customers and energy suppliers.

Complaints go to the Energy Ombudsman
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/complain-about-your-gas-or-electricity-bill-or-supplier

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport