Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 9th Nov 18, 8:23 PM
    • 10,950Posts
    • 11,492Thanks
    Cornucopia
    100 WOW
    Burger Hacks experiences
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:23 PM
    100 WOW
    Burger Hacks experiences 9th Nov 18 at 8:23 PM
    Inspired by this MSE article...

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2018/11/mcdonalds-hacks/

... I tried the "fully loaded" McDonalds Double Cheeseburger. This adds Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Mayo to the normal line up of 2 Patties, Ketchup, Mustard, and Gherkin. It costs 20p more than the standard item (which is for the tomato).

I like the standard Double Cheeseburger, but it is something of a guilty pleasure - no veg apart from 2 small pieces of gherkin, and a decadent melty cheese texture.

The fully loaded is completely different - in fact the fresher, lighter taste and texture is very reminiscent of a BK Whopper. Great success, and I'm keen to try some other hacks in due course.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • TomPucci85
    • By TomPucci85 13th Nov 18, 4:04 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    TomPucci85
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:04 PM
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:04 PM
    I thought these were a myth haha

Pound saver menu for life
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 13th Nov 18, 5:23 PM
    • 10,950 Posts
    • 11,492 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 13th Nov 18, 5:23 PM
    • 13th Nov 18, 5:23 PM
    I thought these were a myth haha
    Originally posted by TomPucci85
    So did I. There was definitely no way I was going to order at the counter, but I was quite prepared for a response of Computer says "No Burger".
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,129Posts Today

7,710Users online

Martin's Twitter